Maryland Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Can’t tell if you’re being sincere or not. I’ll assume no haha. 

At this point, it’s all about young guys getting as much experience as they can. Lots of young talent in the program. 

I am intentionally vague to keep you guessing. :coffee:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say the same thing again and again. Today was huge for this program. Usually we lose 35-34. Big Big step. Coach Allen on post game with Don knew it as well.

I caught that as well about CTA....You could tell he was extremely excited and happy for his team! I thought it was funny at the end as he was enjoying the interview with Don,...he said, "Now we gotta go get ready for the ol' Nebraska Cornhuskers!"

I'm just happy we got the win. I really think we were one play away from blowing the doors off them, and that was the interception in the end zone. We were getting ready to go up 21-7, and a few plays later things were tied. I was glad to see us keep battling after that and after losing Penix. Having Ramsey come in and settle things down was huge. We don't win without him.

I thought our defense played a really good 2nd half. Only allowed 147 second half yards, and 81 of them were on one drive. Forced two huge turnovers.  We need that defense to show up at the opening kickoff next week.

Also, I'm so glad our special teams is better this year. I still remember last year when we fair caught almost every kickoff and gave up tons of big run backs. We've had a lot of touchbacks on kickoffs and our coverage has been sold this year. I also feel with Ellis that he could break off a 40+ yard return at any moment. So much better than last year.

Stevie Scott and Peyton Hendershot were absolutely huge today.  Scott ran hard and tough and showed some wiggle.  Let's be honest he's not running through canyons like see you with the Oklahoma's.  Hendershot had the one unfortunate ricochet but he was available in critical spots all day long.  The kid is realizing his enormous potential and he's only a sophomore.

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Stevie Scott and Peyton Hendershot were absolutely huge today.  Scott ran hard and tough and showed some wiggle.  Let's be honest he's not running through canyons like see you with the Oklahoma's.  Hendershot had the one unfortunate ricochet but he was available in critical spots all day long.  The kid is realizing his enormous potential and he's only a sophomore.

Hendershot 

Williams

Fitzgerald 

Burgess

Cam Jones

Scott

Walker

Taylor 

Matthews 

McFadden 

Head

Johnson

Caleb Jones

Elliot 

Bryant 

Wanna know what all these guys have in common? 

12 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm already excited for next Saturday.

Absolutely 330 kick?

**just checked.. it is. I'll be at Tennessee vs South Carolina...but I'll be getting updates on my phone. I hate that they got a week off before they play us. Martinez status? 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Absolutely 330 kick?

**just checked.. it is. I'll be at Tennessee vs South Carolina...but I'll be getting updates on my phone. I hate that they got a week off before they play us. Martinez status? 

I hate these mid afternoon starts.  I spend all morning excited about the game and wishing it would start already.

From the little bit of looking I just did, it seems like Martinez is 50/50.  It definitely helps us that Wan'Dale Robinson will almost surely be out.

Archived