Maryland Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I hate these mid afternoon starts.  I spend all morning excited about the game and wishing it would start already.

From the little bit of looking I just did, it seems like Martinez is 50/50.  It definitely helps us that Wan'Dale Robinson will almost surely be out.

i prefer them. i feel a little guilty drinking at noon

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

The die hard basketball fan and casual observing football fan of iu are taking notice.   I would say a win over an old time power like Nebraska and things start really buzzing.  That's where I'm at.  Don't get upset at fans that have been given very little fulfillment of promises for decades.  This was a great win that past IU teams found a way to lose.  It was also however a depleted Maryland team.  That name doesn't create buzz like a win next weekend will.  

i think maryland is better than nebraska. can't wait until next saturday

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

They may be, though at his point zero of the ranking systems agree but that's not at all what I'm talking about.  Nebraska has been a national football program as long as I remember.  

you can't remember the last 20 years? 

1 minute ago, coachv said:

you can't remember the last 20 years? 

Are you in your teens?  If the football program and diehard fans are feeling slighted that more diehard bball and the casual football fans don't go ahead and jump on board feet first, beat an old nationally named recognizable program.  This isn't that complicated.  As a program, 5 national championships.  Since you brought up the last 20 years.  12 times in the last 20 they finished with at least 9 wins.  It's been since 1967 since Indiana has finished with 9.  There is no comparison.  

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Tells you a lot

Exactly what I was implying too, and glad you got my rather facetious context supporting your thought, .and of course giving Boiler the shout out for being a class act!  

Read kind of like me suggesting I had some issue with how you put it, so I almost edited. Lol I strongly agree it is Eff-ed that some can claim to be loyal IU fans, but only show up to "kick the team" when they're down..

That is very telling! 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's so disappointing that some posters dont show up when the team does well/wins. 

Well I was camping in Ludington State Park and had no internet. I had to ride my bike a couple miles to get a signal strong enough to get the results.

Congratulations to the team and coaching staff. Very good win in the road. Time to shuck the Cornhuskers.

27 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Exactly what I was implying too, and glad you got my rather facetious context supporting your thought, .and of course giving Boiler the shout out for being a class act!  

Read kind of like me suggesting I had some issue with how you put it, so I almost edited. Lol I strongly agree it is Eff-ed that some can claim to be loyal IU fans, but only show up to "kick the team" when they're down..

That is very telling! 

I think this is all about perspective.  I read what you guys say but rarely post.  I've said for years that Indiana would be fanatical if we could put together consistent top 25 teams.  I think what you see and what you guys are referring to are the grumpy guys who don't have anywhere to vent after a loss but here.   It happens in basketball too.  Just wait until we lose one we shouldn't.   It is what it is and really what difference does it make?  

19 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I think this is all about perspective.  I read what you guys say but rarely post.  I've said for years that Indiana would be fanatical if we could put together consistent top 25 teams.  I think what you see and what you guys are referring to are the grumpy guys who don't have anywhere to vent after a loss but here.   It happens in basketball too.  Just wait until we lose one we shouldn't.   It is what it is and really what difference does it make?  

People do vent after a loss ..Myself included, and we all will at times. I hope it is therapeutic and helps for those who do merely vent.

It can be for me and Im not always easy on the team even after wins .

Not the point and not confusing people who vent with those who take shots to get attention or out of just general lack of grasp for proper context. Sorry for the ramble. I would be more concise without this beer and company fpr the Colts game.They have every right no matter how I feel about it or anyone else- so long as nothing crosses the line on site policies- as with anyone else. 

My own right to openly disagree Also doesnt stop just because they have a right to vent....

Where I am.coming from here.So you will never hear me tell nor ask anyone to refrain.I do call it out or imply things though.

Had company for the weekend and only got to watch bits and pieces of the game. Impressive that Ramsey came in and played so well, when he could have bailed on this team. Game saver, for sure.

From what I was able to see, the most important thing about this game was that the defense stepped up in the second half after playing lackluster ball the first 30 minutes. Glad to see them pull their weight with the game on the line 

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Boiler is a good guy. I've gotten to know him over the years, via PM.   Knows how to handle himself on our board.  And has several relatives that have attended IU.

He really is. I know that I (and probably others, too) give him crap that he doesn’t deserve just because he’s the only PU fan here. That means he gets to hear all the complaints we have about PU fans even if he doesn’t deserve them. 

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

He really is. I know that I (and probably others, too) give him crap that he doesn’t deserve just because he’s the only PU fan here. That means he gets to hear all the complaints we have about PU fans even if he doesn’t deserve them. 

Truth be known. After speaking with Boiler, he is every bit an IU fan as he is a PU fan. Hence, the reason for the congrats on our win over Maryland.  We can't help it if he made the mistake to choose PU over IU.  I kid.  I can't help but think of the spirited discussions he has on holidays with his family. Many of whom attended IU. Probably where he learned to deflect trash thrown his way in terms of being a PU fan. And why he is able to conduct himself so well on HSN.  Personally, I consider Boiler to be a great part of HSN. 

16 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Truth be known. After speaking with Boiler, he is every bit an IU fan as he is a PU fan. Hence, the reason for the congrats on our win over Maryland.  We can't help it if he made the mistake to choose PU over IU.  I kid.  I can't help but think of the spirited discussions he has on holidays with his family. Many of whom attended IU. Probably where he learned to deflect trash thrown his way in terms of being a PU fan. And why he is able to conduct himself so well on HSN.  Personally, I consider Boiler to be a great part of HSN. 

He and I agree on hockey. And I've been a Blues fan longer than I've been an IU fan. I can keep it neutral with the rest.

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Appreciate the kind words and I do enjoy some good back and forth banter on here for sure. Always fun discussions with family between IU and Purdue. I love being the black sheep. 

56 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Never forget 

0CC80DBF-3C74-4616-95E6-C6B09AB01DA7.jpeg

07255617-0CCA-4B60-B08A-4A607C770AAC.jpeg

1 minute ago, CrimsonV said:

Never forget 

2200994D-8CC2-487F-9A8F-D104A07F19D2.jpeg

8888924F-89EC-41A9-AC30-E5C28B0225E0.png

Never forget that Boiler is a PU fan first ?  And an IU fan second ?  I get that.  Put the shoe on the other foot.  Not taking you to task. Just saying Boiler always conducts himself in a civil manner on HSN. Despite being a PU fan.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Neither are loading for me.  Perhaps you can tell us what is going on here.  Thanks

It’s the Haarms put back over Morgan to win in Bloomington.

As much as I dislike PU and Haarms stupid hair, he had a fantastic game at IU with a crowd that even IU fans didn’t necessarily appreciate. 

Archived