What are your vacation plans for 2020 ?

milehiiu

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

May 4th to 11 I will be a bad parent. Will pull Ayden from school he will be virtual that week and taking our 3 kids my sons finance and daughters soon to be finance and father in law who just lost his wife to cancer to Navarre beach.  Life is too short to just put the money in the bank. Want to treat the people I love most to a nice week of sun and fun. That is the only week off for my son until Christmas break

That's got to be a perfect time to go to that place good for you man

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

My wife's family is dead central western New York.  We made our way up to 1000 islands 2 summers ago.  Really neat time.  Boldt Castle is fascinating.  

Wanting to hit up Erie Canal soon.  We target easier trips from Houghton New York.  If you are ever road tripping through, you gotta check out Letchworth st park.  It's like a mini Grand Canyon of the east.  Can't believe it's virtually unknown.  3 or 4 waterfalls to see.  

We had reservations at the lodge in Letchworth State Park but the pandemic happened.  We love chasing waterfalls.  From the trickles in San Diego to the St. Lawrence and Niagara. If ever in Mid TN check out Fall Creek Falls State Park when it is wet. Black River Falls in NE WV is fun. 

Got a job offer from the Army Corp of Engineers when I graduated from UW-M.  Really fascinated by the navigation and earthworks and IntraCoastal Waterways.  But accepted a job in Dayton OH...in water.  Then transferred to Aviation...Dayton International Airport. Wife really was not excited about Mobile AL...HQ for the ACOE.  I've been losing arguments ever since.

The Miami - Erie Canal goes through Dayton...to Cincinnati.   There was a bridge that took the canal across the Mad River near downtown.  Believe it or not.

Archived