IU-Nebraska Game Thread

The 2nd half not being "typical IU Football"  is more important now.

I hope they do something about the back end .

I wasn't exaxtly fooled thinking they might get caught out of position with the way they line up at times .Just need to execute better period in all 3 phases.

Leaving too many points on the field in a match up with a comparable team.  Recurrence all season.

It could have been better but it could have also been worse. Hoping for better .Flush it and keep scrapping.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

My paternal great grandmother was from Lincoln Nebraska.  My grandma and grandpa met in San Francisco before my grandpa left to do his navy duty in the Korean war.  So I was raised up as an IUbasketball/Nebraska football fan. The fact that this game is this close is unbelievable.  

Very true.  Many years in the past, had IU played the Huskers when they were great..... IU would have been blown out in the first quarter.

I am encouraged today. Still one half to go. Game is close. O looks good. And D started to step it up. Plus, I believe IU gets the ball to start the second half.

2 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

We are about to find out if we are turning the corner as a program.  We should get to a bowl, but can we win this kind of game, a game that we almost always find a way to lose. 

I'll say this: Nebraska came out swinging.  They looked much better in the first quarter than they've looked most of the year.  It's been more evenly matched since, but you can definitely see they have some talent.

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I thought Nebraska fans were supposed to be nice like Canadians. Dont like the booing every time an IU player goes down. 

It’s excessive. I get the concept, but when Allen dives to make a play and never gets up he isn’t faking it. 

Just now, BeerBQ said:

It’s excessive. I get the concept, but when Allen dives to make a play and never gets up he isn’t faking it. 

That one was definitely legit.  The first time he went down probably wasn't.  Last week Mullen was running across the middle when the offense was lined up, and our safety signaled something to him and he went down.  I'd rather we man the hell up and learn to stop them instead of taking dives.

Archived