Nebraska Post Game Thread...bowl eligibility!!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I just want IU to live for a few years as a 7-8 win team that goes to, and wins, bowl games.  I can't see us ever being in a Big Ten Championship game. 

If the Big Ten expands to 16 and we get moved to the West (the only way I see us ever getting out of this hellhole division), it could happen if the stars align. We can compete with programs like Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska if we're recruiting well enough. We will never recruit well enough to consistently beat OSU, Michigan and Penn State.

19 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If the Big Ten expands to 16 and we get moved to the West (the only way I see us ever getting out of this hellhole division), it could happen if the stars align. We can compete with programs like Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska if we're recruiting well enough. We will never recruit well enough to consistently beat OSU, Michigan and Penn State.

If we become consistent in winning and going to bowl games, than I think you are right that we could win the west at least once in the next 50 years. 

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

True, but they could realign the divisions.  Simply move UM and MSU to the "North" and move Purdue and Illinois to the "South."

42 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I just want IU to live for a few years as a 7-8 win team that goes to, and wins, bowl games.  I can't see us ever being in a Big Ten Championship game. 

Really...i didnt think i would ever think we could be Bowl  eligible in October either or a chance to go 7-2 or maybe get to a Bigger Bowl game..so why not a big 10 championship game in the future...im ready to strike while the iron is hot!

Looking at our schedule it’s pretty tough. The usual suspects in our division the we get @ Wisconsin.

We do get Maryland, Purdue and Illinois at Home which is key. At Rutgers again but whatever they are garbage. 

We win the ones we are supposed to we can get at least 6 again next year. 

Might be able to beat MSU at home as well. Key is sustained bowl appearances 

Allen said in his post game interview that he was going to be on the phone to a handful of recruits tonight.  I wonder who he'll call.

Alante Brown might get a call.  Some guys committed other places could too.  Cole Brevard, Josh Fryar, Deontae Craig.  I hope Allen swings for the fences with our last handful of spots.

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

NU Football=IU Basketball? At least up until this year, hopefully.

Yep, that is what I was thinking.  There is one big difference though...Indiana(HS) produces basketball players, can't say the same for Nebraska(HS) producing football players.

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Somewhere, Terry Hoeppner has a big smile plastered on his face, thinking "Now this is what I had in mind."

IU is bowl eligible in October. Your shooting rocket is back on course, Hep.

I remember the day he died. I was taking summer courses and the amount of collective shock was incredible. It all seemed to happen so sudden. 

19 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Allen said in his post game interview that he was going to be on the phone to a handful of recruits tonight.  I wonder who he'll call.

Alante Brown might get a call.  Some guys committed other places could too.  Cole Brevard, Josh Fryar, Deontae Craig.  I hope Allen swings for the fences with our last handful of spots.

Biggest win of his career, and he's already looking forward. Gotta love it.

During the Michigan game, they were just showing the Michigan schedule and Herbstreit was talking about how important the ND game was for Michigan.  He said Michigan still has MSU, @ Indiana, and OSU, so it was an important win to get before having those 3 games.  So odd to hear us not being talked about as a push over, but I think I can get used to it.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

No I just read. First is record against each other. Second record inside division...next is record against 456 it goes on and on with pts etc. under those scenarios sounds like we Penn st probably would take it because they would only have the one loss against us. Anyways it ain’t happening so I’m just focusing on how good of a bowl game we can get.

I'd love to be able to watch IU playing football on New Years Day.

Archived