Northwestern Pregame Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WestCoastOffense said:

According to the NCAA, Indiana is ranked 25th in total defense and 31st in total offense (FBS).  Congratulations to the players, coaches and all of their families.

Quite strange to see stats like that, this time of season for our Hoosiers.  Nice combination.  And thanks for bringing that to HSN.  Much appreciated for taking the time to research that, and sharing with us. 

6 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

SP+ numbers for this week.  A 47% chance of losing to both PSU and Michigan means it gives us a 53% chance of winning at least one of those games.  I'll take that!

A better than 50% chance of stealing a game from one of two ranked opponents? Damn skippy I'll take that.

39 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A better than 50% chance of stealing a game from one of two ranked opponents? Damn skippy I'll take that.

I know these SP+ numbers don't guarantee anything, but they are fun to look at when they rank us high.  If we can get one of those 2 games, that will probably turn into one of the best seasons we've ever had.

For the #9windiana guys, we have a 36% chance of getting there in the regular season.  If we assume we win half of the bowl games we play in, that would mean the 45% chance we end with 8 wins, we win the bowl game half of those times.  That gives us another 22.5% chance of getting to 9+ wins.  So, according to SP+, we have a 58.5% chance of winning 9+ games.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Quite strange to see stats like that, this time of season for our Hoosiers.  Nice combination.  And thanks for bringing that to HSN.  Much appreciated for taking the time to research that, and sharing with us. 

25th based on what? nebraska chewed our defense to pieces. as did ohio st. and mich st. in fact, our defense has only looked good against the 4 worst teams in the country not named rice

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I know these SP+ numbers don't guarantee anything, but they are fun to look at when they rank us high.  If we can get one of those 2 games, that will probably turn into one of the best seasons we've ever had.

For the #9windiana guys, we have a 36% chance of getting there in the regular season.  If we assume we win half of the bowl games we play in, that would mean the 45% chance we end with 8 wins, we win the bowl game half of those times.  That gives us another 22.5% chance of getting to 9+ wins.  So, according to SP+, we have a 58.5% chance of winning 9+ games.

except nobody predicted the bowl game into their record. except me🙄

Of the 52 players listed on our 2 deep depth chart (some positions list three players)

10/52 are SRs

9/52 are JRs

19/52 are SOs

14/52 are FR

Not listed but expected to be at least solid players later on: Beau Robbins, Cam Williams, Larry Tracy, Jacolby Hewitt, Josh Sanguinetti, DK Bonhomme, CJ Person, De'Shaun Brown, Gary Cooper, Jeramy Passmore, Antoine Whitner.

We finally have depth. Not enough depth, but we really do have a fair amount of kids, especially young ones that can play. 

Archived