Northwestern Pregame Thread

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Former Brownsburg QB and Clemson transfer, Hunter Johnson could possibly play vs. IU. From what I have read, most Northwestern fans are hoping this could possibly bring life back to their lack of offense. Some fan don't think he is ready yet.....

https://northwestern.rivals.com/news/finally-the-hunter-johnson-mystery-is-solved

I'm guessing NW fans are grasping at anything right now.  I can't imagine a guy who is completing less than 50% of his passes at a 4.1 ypa average with a 1/4 TD to interception ratio is going to help their offense much.

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

.......just listened to today's CTA presser and a reporter asked him, "Coach, you have been known to wear black on game day....Any possibility that the team will follow you and wear black uniforms?"   Coach quickly said...."definitely not, our colors are Cream and Crimson!"....

I mentioned earlier that we have a coach who bleeds Cream and Crimson.  This comment is further proof of that.  And I LOVE IT.

By the way, here is Coach Allen's Halloween presser :

Tom Allen - Northwestern Week - 10/31/19

Coach Allen handing out tickets at the IMU ?  I love it. And I keep saying. This is a FBHC who bleeds Cream and Crimson.

Not putting Coach Miller down on the BB side.  However, he needs to bring back the tradition started by Coach Knight. By having a pre-season night in the Auditorium for students.  Coach Crean did that for a while. Coach Miller, as much as I like him.... needs to bring back that tradition.

Bottom line.  Take care of the students. In each and every way you can.  I love what Coach Allen did in that endeavor.

32 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I'll admit, reading that sentence made me tear up a little.  CTA definitely has that same spirit and love for the game, and most importantly that love for IU. 

I agree.  I think Coach Allen will stay at IU even after he turns the program around because Indiana is home.  He's a Hoosier through and through.

3 hours ago, rico said:

I would take that, but I would rather we make a statement.  Leave no doubt that IU football is back.

I just think that NW is pretty good defense so we won't be scoring a boat load of points.  We all know that NW offense is bad so I think our defense will be able to stop them.  Also it is going to be pretty cold and if there is wind then it will be harder to pass the ball down the field.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

The boys absolutely deserve a big crowd.

Agreed. And the best part is that the request for a big crowd is coming from IU's student newspaper.

6-2 at this point of the season, with a chance to to 7-2, deserves a chance to have as many butts in the seats as possible.  The way this team has played to date.  They at least deserve a huge backing, IMHO. 

23 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I agree.  I think Coach Allen will stay at IU even after he turns the program around because Indiana is home.  He's a Hoosier through and through.

hope you are right but if someone like florida state comes calling...we may very well find out after the season

57 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Primer and prediction for tonight's game.  I think it is going to be closer than what many are expecting.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-game-day-northwestern-primer-and-prediction/

I think we match up well with them.  With either of our QBs, and DeBoer's creative play calling, I see us putting up at least 25+ points, and wouldn't be surprised by 30+.  Either Penix or Ramsey will probably be the 2nd best QB Northwestern has faced all year. 

I don't think they have the offense to stay with us, and I would imagine they have to be getting demoralized by this 1-6 start.  Throw in a hopefully rocking home crowd, and confidence after a big win, and I see this one being a relatively easy win for IU.

34-13 IU

Archived