The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

7 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I’m not sure if this normally happens but.....between tonight and tomorrow there are 7 ACC conference games (14 teams) that are the first game for all those teams. Seems like a crazy way to start the season in my opinion.

I think the ACC went to a 20 game conference schedule?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue where the Illini end up but good teams don't allow 16-0 runs at home to teams like Nicholls St. Maybe the Illini will hoops version of Nebraska football this year. Plenty of talk about up and coming....not much else.

Not much to add on Keion Brooks. We all saw this coming. Barring injury from others....he might have a game or two where he gets some stat lines but once all the dust settles....15 minutes sounds about right. Enjoy that pine kid....and remember to thank your Dad after the season.

I hope of all of us (me included) can forgive Keion soon lol. I hate to be so negative all year...might turn us into Illini fans after the Gordon switch. I hope the best for him personally. I don’t think he will be a OAD so it will be interesting to see if he takes a big leap next year. Can’t say I will be rooting for his team but I am going to follow his career with interest. He may be a little behind with his shot right now but there is enough talent around him to put him in position to make some plays if he keeps working hard.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I hope of all of us (me included) can forgive Keion soon lol. I hate to be so negative all year...might turn us into Illini fans after the Gordon switch. I hope the best for him personally. I don’t think he will be a OAD so it will be interesting to see if he takes a big leap next year. Can’t say I will be rooting for his team but I am going to follow his career with interest. He may be a little behind with his shot right now but there is enough talent around him to put him in position to make some plays if he keeps working hard.

Will probably be my last post on him. I know how it sounds, how it reads,etc....all very child like from adults. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Will probably be my last post on him. I know how it sounds, how it reads,etc....all very child like from adults. 

It’s ok...I think I have been as outspoken as any on my perceived mistake he made. Checking back from time to time I expect...I just hope this isn’t a theme after every game. Nothing you said was incorrect factually. Kid is struggling to find an identity on that team.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah, it is in bad taste to hope the kid fails just because he spurned us.  Wish KBJ well myself individually.

47 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I wonder is the early ACC conference games are also a way to draw eyes early in the season to the new ACC network.  

Yes, turns out that was the reason.

I need to remember......when it comes to the NCAA  and power conferences it’s ALWAYS about the kid$

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Tough start for B1G. Michigan and Illinois squeak out wins. Wisconsin down late...probably lose. Nebraska getting waxed. MSU in a dog fight with the refs. These definitely aren’t B1G officials for sure lol.

Not going to be good for the power rankings of the conference. At least IU did what it was supposed to do. Many predicted Michigan and Illinois to finish ahead of IU. Based on opening night, I wouldn't be putting money on that.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Virginia opens at Syracuse tonight.  This season will be interesting to see if Virginia can sustain considering how much they lost.  If they win 28+ again, then you have to consider them as an elite program.

48-34 Cavs...seems they still play defense.

1 hour ago, rico said:

48-34 Cavs...seems they still play defense.

Boy, Syracuse only scored 19 points in the first half, and then topped that by putting up 15 in the 2nd.

23% shooting overall and 17% from 3 will kill you every time. 3/7 from the line...Christ...

Only 13 FTs shot by both teams for the game so it wasn't a foul-fest.

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Boy, Syracuse only scored 19 points in the first half, and then topped that by putting up 15 in the 2nd.

23% shooting overall and 17% from 3 will kill you every time. 3/7 from the line...Christ...

Only 13 FTs shot by both teams for the game so it wasn't a foul-fest.

I haven't looked at all the box scores but it seems that quite a few teams have fallen in love with the arc.  I saw Notre Dame had 31 attempts from 3.

To me these games involving two good teams have not been very well played and I think it is to early in the year to have marquee matchups.  Both game sin New York was not well played especially on the offensive end so I think it is good to schedule a couple of easy wins early so you can get into some kind of rhythm.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me these games involving two good teams have not been very well played and I think it is to early in the year to have marquee matchups.  Both game sin New York was not well played especially on the offensive end so I think it is good to schedule a couple of easy wins early so you can get into some kind of rhythm.

You can thank television for that.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:54 AM, Parakeet Jones said:

I wonder is the early ACC conference games are also a way to draw eyes early in the season to the new ACC network.  

Boeheim was none too happy with the ACC early matchups.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/acc/2019/11/06/jim-boeheim-rips-acc-league-openers-syracuse-virginia/2515425001/

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived