Does anybody else?

btownqb

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I have zero problem with someone just doesnt like football. To each their own. 

I do get annoyed with "IU fans" who simply don't watch IU football because it's a below avg program. So either they root for ND exclusively or root for someone else or just dont watch IU. That's a fair weather fan at it's finest. 

Also.. spare me the "ND was always on my TV when I was a kid".. don't care. 

People hide behind excuses.. when ultimately it's because they don't want to support a historic loser. 

As I mentioned before grew up in a football area. IU is first and foremost but ND was always on the tube. My first ever college football game (attending) though was in the old Orange Bowl in 1983. Been a Canes ever since. First because loved the way they played, energy of stadium, warm weather,etc....but because they were the exact opposite of all things ND. Not a ND fan at all but I try to remain respectful on here because I do realize it comes with territory.

With that said. Let's go Hoosiers Saturday night and keep this thing rolling. Get to 7-2. Use the bye week to hit the recruiting trails hard with the good news and see what we got for the final push. We'll need the public support for Michigan game more than ever. Students will be gone for Turkey break already.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, BEKA said:

Any opportunity to hear Fisch call a game - whatever sport it is - I'm tuning in. We're lucky to have had the treasure that is his voice for so long. I don't view this as an either/or situation, just another opportunity to listen to the BEST live commentator in all of college sports before we all pass on into the great unknown.  

Not even wading in to the battlefield of the other parts of this thread, but I absolutely 100% agree with this. 

I'd say 95% of the time when an IU game is on, even if it's nationally televised, I'm following via TuneIn Radio and Fisch.  And no, that's not watching the broadcast on mute, that's just listening.  Why? 1, he's leaps and bounds ahead of all but a handful of broadcasters today, and 2, I'm not anchored to the TV.

33 minutes ago, rico said:

I agree with most of what you said there other than "picking" on ND especially since I live in Irish country.

Yes I grew up watching ND football on TV, I also grew up watching ND basketball on TV as well.  But even then my heart was with IU.  And I am sorry I pull for the Irish, as long as they aren't playing IU in ANY sport.  I would say the same about Butler, PFW, Valpo, Ball St., IUPUI, Indiana St., and Evansville.  

All that being said.  I played football, basketball, and ran track in HS.   

As such when IU fans were clamoring about Kent Benson, Scott May, Woody, Zeke...I was closely following Nate Lundy, Jim Spivey, and Sunder Nix.  I pumped my fist on a Bradley to Gunn TD.  Ernie Jones was a stud.  I was never basketball only.

Yes Sir, my IU flag is proudly flying full staff.  

All I got.

But see... we are 100% actually agreeing on all of this. I have NO issue with someone rooting for ND as their #2 team, I understand that. I get it. 

It's when it's well I'm an IU fan in basketball, ND football, and Vandy in baseball. Those types where me thin... and they completely disregard IU football. That is what I don't get. 

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But see... we are 100% actually agreeing on all of this. I have NO issue with someone rooting for ND as their #2 team, I understand that. I get it. 

It's when it's well I'm an IU fan in basketball, ND football, and Vandy in baseball. Those types where me thin... and they completely disregard IU football. That is what I don't get. 

Understood...carry on!!  LOL

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I have zero problem with someone just doesnt like football. To each their own. 

I do get annoyed with "IU fans" who simply don't watch IU football because it's a below avg program. So either they root for ND exclusively or root for someone else or just dont watch IU. That's a fair weather fan at it's finest. 

Also.. spare me the "ND was always on my TV when I was a kid".. don't care. 

People hide behind excuses.. when ultimately it's because they don't want to support a historic loser. 

Totally agree with this and to me it is totally different than being a fan of a pro team.  To me if you are a fan of one sport at a school then it should be for all the teams at that school.

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What about Patriot and Yankee fans?  🤢

I guess I never been the kind of a fan that ever had a second favorite team.  There are certain teams I enjoy watching and will watch them but it is not like I openly root for that team.  Actually for me it is sometimes more enjoyable watching a game where I have no rooting interest because I can actually enjoy the game. Before the Colts moved here I was a Cowboys fan but once the Colts came I became a Colts fan and stopped paying attention to the Cowboys.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I never been the kind of a fan that ever had a second favorite team.  There are certain teams I enjoy watching and will watch them but it is not like I openly root for that team.  Actually for me it is sometimes more enjoyable watching a game where I have no rooting interest because I can actually enjoy the game. Before the Colts moved here I was a Cowboys fan but once the Colts came I became a Colts fan and stopped paying attention to the Cowboys.

Scott, you would beach if I hung you with a new rope.  But I still love ya, you bring a smile to my face and a chuckle.

Archived