Northwestern - Indiana game thread

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Time to bring Tuttle along i guess..cause like it or not penix is not durable enough to be an every down qb

So, should IU just commit to Ramsey that he begins the season as the starter next year?  Penix could be the spark off the bench when needed, and would still have 2 full seasons of eligibility.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, should IU just commit to Ramsey that he begins the season as the starter next year?  Penix could be the spark off the bench when needed, and would still have 2 full seasons of eligibility.

No way.  Penix is more important to future success than Ramsey is.  Love Ramsey, but no way we bench a more talented Penix just because he might get hurt or to keep Ramsey for one more year.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

And what happens if we bench Penix and he is the one who decides to transfer?

Penix already has burned a RS year, so if he transfers, he's basically losing a year of eligibility.  

And, honestly I think it's an easier sell to Penix given his injury history than it is to Ramsey.  As a grad transfer, Ramsey has better options.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Penix already has burned a RS year, so if he transfers, he's basically losing a year of eligibility.  

And, honestly I think it's an easier sell to Penix given his injury history than it is to Ramsey.  As a grad transfer, Ramsey has better options.

With the way waivers are granted these days, he could probably transfer somewhere and get to play immediately.

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, Ramsey's 3 drives compared to Penix's 5 drives shows the difference between the two.  Penix is just a different level than Ramsey.

It's different coming in during the middle of the game.  Penix is dynamic, but Ramsey simply produces results over the course of a full game.  

2 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

IU is lucky to have 2 QBs like Penix and Ramsey. I doubt Ramsey would leave.

Ramsey's dad is on record as saying several Power 5 schools have already approached Ramsey about being a grad transfer, given the fact that Penix appears to be the #1 at IU.  

7 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Also, Ramsey's 3 drives compared to Penix's 5 drives shows the difference between the two.  Penix is just a different level than Ramsey.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Penix benefitted immensely from short fields caused by two turnovers and a billion pass interference calls.   

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Ramsey's dad is on record as saying several Power 5 schools have already approached Ramsey about being a grad transfer, given the fact that Penix appears to be the #1 at IU.  

I didn't know that. I love Ramsey but think that Penix is the future. They both could be a starter at most schools. An abundance of riches at Indiana. WTF.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Penix benefitted immensely from short fields caused by two turnovers and a billion pass interference calls.   

Penix had drives of 67, 47, 20, 18, and 85 with 3 touchdowns and 1 FG.

Ramsey has had drives of 20, 27, 9, and 52 with 1 touchdown.

I don't want to make this into a slight on Ramsey because he's been one of our MVPs this year, but the offense definitely has more zip with Penix in it.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

It would be nice if Tuttle could get some time in this game. 

I would love to see that too, but I worry that Tuttle is further off than we all hope.  There were chances earlier in the year to get him into games in non garbage time, and we would always wait until the last drive with about 2 minutes left.

2 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

I didn't know that. I love Ramsey but think that Pinix is the future. They both could be a starter at most schools. An abundance of riches at Indiana. WTF.

I just worry that if Ramsey leaves and then Penix gets injured early next season, all the momentum the program has going for it comes to a stop.   

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Even though I'm disappointed Penix is out again, what a great game for IU.  There is a pretty good chance we'll be ranked in the coach's poll after this one.  If SMU can beat Memphis, and Eastern Carolina can pull off the upset against Cincinnati, we would have a decent chance.

Appy St. got beat last Thursday.

Archived