Northwestern - Indiana Post game

35 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes. As I posted earlier. IU played late morning, early evening games when the weather was warm. The problem with that, is many IU fans were non believers, at that time.  Then... it made no sense to me, once the interest  in IU football, picked up. that IU was saddled with a night game when the weather (for the fans) would be a factor. 

Oh well. It is what is is.  IU is 7-2 and this IU fan is a very happy camper.  Bowl game here we come !

Amen!  Preach, brother Mile!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Idk if they beat Purdue if Moore and Sindelar don’t get hurt on the same play IMO. And I agree they’ll likely lose at least a few of those games. 

Why wouldn't they? You were down 14-3 when that happened. If Nevada could defeat that dynamic duo, Minnesota certainly could have.

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

It was cold and the outcome of the game wasn't in question.  If this was the MSU or Nebraska games, I'd agree with you. 

We've had fans leaving as early as halftime at games for years, even on sunny days in September. I think many of our fans just don't care for the length of college football games, which in some cases is double the length of a typical basketball game.

50 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We've had fans leaving as early as halftime at games for years, even on sunny days in September. I think many of our fans just don't care for the length of college football games, which in some cases is double the length of a typical basketball game.

Probably the weakest excuse ever. 

I'd never pay $50 to sit in the nosebleeds at Assembly Hall ever. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Because we lost by 7 without them playing the majority of the game lol. I know it’s a difficult concept to grasp. 

Wouldn't the fact that they were down 14-3 when the injuries happened but only lost by 7 support the hypothesis that, had they played the entire game, you could have actually lost by more? I say this a bit facetiously, but I don't think Purdue wins that game regardless of those injuries. 

You can say, "We would have won if player X hadn't gotten hurt," but there's no way to prove that, and there's literally nothing in Purdue's season up to that point that supports that line of reasoning.  

9 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Wouldn't the fact that they were down 14-3 when the injuries happened but only lost by 7 support the hypothesis that, had they played the entire game, you could have actually lost by more? I say this a bit facetiously, but I don't think Purdue wins that game regardless of those injuries. 

You can say, "We would have won if player X hadn't gotten hurt," but there's no way to prove that, and there's literally nothing in Purdue's season up to that point that supports that line of reasoning.  

Of course there’s no way to prove it. But losing the best WR in the B1G and one of the best QB’s in the conference on one play absolutely played a role in the outcome of the game. 

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

The cold and the score = leaving early

oooh. it's so cold. no football fans would ever attend a game when the weather dips below an intolerable 40 degrees. brrrr. maybe their mommies will give them some hot cho cho and a blanky

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

the truth. don't understand why people are making excuses for what is a lousy fan base

40 minutes ago, coachv said:

oooh. it's so cold. no football fans would ever attend a game when the weather dips below an intolerable 40 degrees. brrrr. maybe their mommies will give them some hot cho cho and a blanky

Hey...you asked about IU fans and I simply gave an answer.  Yeah...We have lousy fans.  We've had lousy football fans for a long time.  I imagine it has to do with lousy teams historically.  And yeah...it sucks.

I don't care what anybody says about the level of competition, we usually flub up at least two winnable games each season. Sitting here at 7-2 and 4-2 is a great place to be right now. Go get that Bucket and you have 8-4, 5-4 at worse, which would be the best IU football season since...1993? Then you have the bowl game for the possible 9th win. We haven't won a bowl game since beating Baylor 24-0 back in 1992 (without looking it up). 

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I agree that the college game last to long but if you go to the game stay for the whole game.

59 minutes ago, Bob said:

I was in North Carolina Sat. I didn’t get a chance to watch the game. How did Penix get hurt? 

Best guess is on a run near the goal line late in the 2nd quarter.  Not sure what it is yet.  Heard a rumor that it was a collarbone, others that it might have been a separated shoulder, others that people have no idea what it is.  I doubt we'll know much before kickoff of the PSU game unless he is out for a substantial amount of time.

4 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Hey...you asked about IU fans and I simply gave an answer.  Yeah...We have lousy fans.  We've had lousy football fans for a long time.  I imagine it has to do with lousy teams historically.  And yeah...it sucks.

i often wish i would move back to bloomington and spend all my time going to indiana games. football, basketball, soccer, baseball, track...have some issues with priorities

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Best guess is on a run near the goal line late in the 2nd quarter.  Not sure what it is yet.  Heard a rumor that it was a collarbone, others that it might have been a separated shoulder, others that people have no idea what it is.  I doubt we'll know much before kickoff of the PSU game unless he is out for a substantial amount of time.

Thanks for the info! Hope he’s ok very talented young man! 

23 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I broke my collarbone when I was 15, it sucked. If he did what I did, he wouldn’t have been able to even hand the ball off for two plays, but who knows (because IU will not tell us).

5 hours ago, coachv said:

If it's under 40 degrees and it's halftime of a game whose outcome isn't in doubt, I'm out of there too.  Call me whatever you want.  I'll be calling myself one word: warm. 

15 minutes ago, SteveS said:

I broke my collarbone when I was 15, it sucked. If he did what I did, he wouldn’t have been able to even hand the ball off for two plays, but who knows (because IU will not tell us).

That seemed to be the common original rumor, but it seems like most people are saying like you in that there's little to no chance he would have continued without major signs of pain.

27 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If it's under 40 degrees and it's halftime of a game whose outcome isn't in doubt, I'm out of there too.  Call me whatever you want.  I'll be calling myself one word: warm. 

We left after the 3rd qtr. My wife and son were freezing. We were bundled up. It was a bigger crowd than we expected but they definitely cleared out early. My daughter and her boyfriend stayed almost the entire game and they were dressed fashionably 🙄 not for the weather. I actually asked my wife/son to leave earlier but both said beginning of 4th qtr.  We had been out all day walking the campus then tailgating...warmth was more important than fandom by the end of the 3rd qtr 😂

32 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Yeah I’ve got a toddler that needs attention whether or not I’ve got a cold from staying out in the cold. 

Weather is primary reason we won’t be driving down for the soccer game on Sunday. 

Archived