IU vs Western Illinois pre-game thread

15 hours ago, BGleas said:

For the first time, I’m contemplating getting Big Ten+. I usually don’t mind missing 1-2 of the early games, but usually they’re not consecutive games on +, so missing one isn’t a big deal. Not sure I can wait until the 17th for the first TV game. 

I ponied up and was happy enough with the broadcast.  There were student broadcasters but one of them was really good; I doubt they have student broadcasters for the non-exhibition games.  If you have an Amazon Firestick, there is a BTN+ app you can watch it on.  I don't get to go watch many games live so it I don't mind paying the $10 for a couple of months.  I would rather not pay it, but I have found that complaining about things on a forum doesn't usually get things changed to my personal liking.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Usually you can watch the replay soon after if you don't want to pony up the $. I watched the replay vs. Gannon on Friday after work (I dvr'd when it aired at 9am Friday). Not sure if the 2-3 remaining BTN+ games are going to be replayed or not though.

They usually are. 

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Usually you can watch the replay soon after if you don't want to pony up the $. I watched the replay vs. Gannon on Friday after work (I dvr'd when it aired at 9am Friday). Not sure if the 2-3 remaining BTN+ games are going to be replayed or not though.

Looks like the replay for the Western Illinois game will be on BTN Thursday, Nov 7 at 9am EST

Portland State will be on BTN Monday, Nov 11 at 9pm EST

Knowing BTN though, these could change.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Green is out and Rob is game time decision. 

Starting to think I am a curse on my teams when it comes to injuries.

IU basketball has had a lot of injuries over the last few years.

Pacers- PG injury a few years ago and now VO and Turner, Sabonis

Colts-Luck and now Brissett

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Starting to think I am a curse on my teams when it comes to injuries.

IU basketball has had a lot of injuries over the last few years.

Pacers- PG injury a few years ago and now VO and Turner, Sabonis

Colts-Luck and now Brissett

Does making a fan seem painful some days. I don't know extent of Jacoby injury but at least Colts have Dolphins coming to town. They should be able to handle that one. Jaguars coming to town after that....again should be able to handle business. Maybe Colts can get by with Hoyer for next 2 games and get TY and Jacoby back before huge game at Houston? 

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Probably not 100% healthy, so being cautious against lower level competition.

Probably.  It just seems like if you are healthy enough to go for a few minutes in an exhibition that you would be healthy enough to go for  few minutes in the regular season.  Since it appears he is a game time decision, I guess that could still happen.  

7 hours ago, Hoosier98 said:

I ponied up and was happy enough with the broadcast.  There were student broadcasters but one of them was really good; I doubt they have student broadcasters for the non-exhibition games.  If you have an Amazon Firestick, there is a BTN+ app you can watch it on.  I don't get to go watch many games live so it I don't mind paying the $10 for a couple of months.  I would rather not pay it, but I have found that complaining about things on a forum doesn't usually get things changed to my personal liking.

Thanks for the info. I have Roku, I'll have to see if it's on there. 

10 hours ago, cybergates said:

can you upload it to youtube so us poor suckers can watch it?

Archived