IU vs Portland State Pre-Game Thread

On 11/6/2019 at 4:25 PM, milehiiu said:

Nov. 9

2 p.m. EST.

The Carnegie Hall of College Basketball

TV:  BTN+  (See note below)

Radio:  IU Radio Network

TV note.  Portland State is a member of the Big Sky Conference. 

Big Sky Conference games are broadcast on PlutoTV.  For free.  Which can be had on a Roku device.  BIG SKY CONFERENCE TO AIR ALL LIVE STREAMED EVENTS FOR FREE ON PLUTO TV FOR THE 2017-2018 SEASON - Big Sky Conference

And this season as well. As I have watched Big Sky Conference games  on PlutoTV this season.

Pluto TV - It's Free TV | Roku Channel Store | Roku

However. As of today (Nov 6) I do not see the IU game on the PlutoTV guide.  I will keep checking.  And if the game shows up. I will let you Roku'ers know. 

Now let the discussion begin.

It looks like PSU has channel 532. Not fully sure how this app will play out since it’s my first time trying it out, but we can all hope can’t we. 

162EE378-E10F-4C02-95D3-D2976C7F7005.png

1 hour ago, Milosh68 said:

It looks like PSU has channel 532. Not fully sure how this app will play out since it’s my first time trying it out, but we can all hope can’t we. 

162EE378-E10F-4C02-95D3-D2976C7F7005.png

Thanks to you and everyone else for the pluto info.  Hopefully the game today will be on there.

I only pay for streaming services for IU basketball (because I'm cheap). Since those services go month-to-month, I'm not starting my subscription until November 15 - that way it will take me up into March and through the BTN coverage of the BTT without having to subscribe for an additional month just for one or two early games.  And I won't pay BTN extra for their streaming only coverage (I told you I was cheap).

Fingers crossed for Pluto!

That's right. Fingers crossed.  I am a little concerned that the IU game will not be broadcast. In that it seems that unlike last year, when all the games were being broadcast, The Big Sky seems to cut back on the number of games they are broadcasting this year. 

The cool thing for me, is that the University of Northern Colorado has their own channel.  I watched Rutgers vs UNC women's volleyball this morning for awhile.

Well, again. I thought I would throw it out there, just in case.  GO HOOSIERS !

3 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

I cant watch the game live today.  If I remember correctly there was a replay option for the games.  Anyone know if that is true, and if so, how long the replay is available on BTN+?  Thanks.

The Gannon replay is still available on B10+, so they keep it at least a week...

6 minutes ago, DWB said:

I posted early on (you might have missed it) that as of now...BTN will broadcast the PSU/IU game on Monday nite @ 9 pm. Listed on my channel guide as "Student U".

No, i knew that. It’s also listed at 9 am on Tuesday. I just meant watching it live.

45 minutes ago, Milosh68 said:

Being that this is an Indiana home game, my guess is that the big ten network controls this situation, and there’s no way in hell they will let an opponent stream the game for their own network. It’s radio only for me.

That's what I would expect. No way the Big Ten leaves BTN Plus unprotected. 

2 hours ago, Milosh68 said:

Being that this is an Indiana home game, my guess is that the big ten network controls this situation, and there’s no way in hell they will let an opponent stream the game for their own network. It’s radio only for me.

Seems like that would be true.  But, just maybe, there could be an agreement in place?

4 hours ago, INDenizen said:

I miss channel 4.

Can I get an amen!

BTN has been great for watching IU football.   The money has been great for the athletic department.  But I already pay money for BTN.  I shouldn't have to pay more to watch IUBB.

I live in the country and until recently the only internet available was Hughesnet and it's not even close to fast enough to stream a game.

If the network doesn't want to air the game then sell the rights to someone that can.  Hard to get excited for basketball when we are essentially three games in and none have been available to watch. 

Archived