IU vs North Alabama Game Thread

Reacher

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

How is it that horrible shooting teams and players come to Bloomington and have career nights.  It seems more common the last few years.  Guy on page one posted how bad this team was and they are shooting north of 75% for the first half.

Playing at Assembly Hall means a lot to these guys. They came out ready to play and are giving it their all. Just like Evansville is doing versus UK. Eventually Talent will win out

1 minute ago, 68Hoosier said:

How is it that horrible shooting teams and players come to Bloomington and have career nights.  It seems more common the last few years.  Guy on page one posted how bad this team was and they are shooting north of 75% for the first half.

Yes Blackmon was 1-9 the other night...tonight 4-4...unreal.

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

And our defense hasn't been amazing but their shooting has been ridiculous. Most teams can't shoot at that clip, regardless of the quality of defense during a college basketball game. I don't expect they can maintain this high percentage. Logic says that their legs will wear out and long shots will go awry as the second half winds down while we will continue to pound underneath. 

2 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Playing at Assembly Hall means a lot to these guys. They came out ready to play and are giving it their all. Just like Evansville is doing versus UK. Eventually Talent will win out

I wish our players would feel that way. Say what you want about Purdue but at least they play with some tenacity and intensity. It seems like we expect to win. 

2 minutes ago, JerseyHoosier said:

And our defense hasn't been amazing but their shooting has been ridiculous. Most teams can't shoot at that clip, regardless of the quality of defense during a college basketball game. I don't expect they can maintain this high percentage. Logic says that their legs will wear out and long shots will go awry as the second half winds down while we will continue to pound underneath. 

I don’t think they will get tired...they press a lot...but I agree about foul problem and us needing to feed the post. As long as we continue to hit free throws at a reasonable clip we will easily out pace them.

Archived