Do you Taco Bell ?

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I try to avoid it and it had been a couple of years.  But, went through Taco Bell drive-through a couple of weeks ago.  Me, wife, daughter ordered.  Son was not with us.  Got home, unpacked, and had 9 extra tacos in the bag.  Only thing I can think of is they added the order to the car behind us to ours.  Anyway, my original order was 3 tacos.  I also ate two of the extras, but quite honestly, they were the nastiest tacos I've ever eaten.  I'm not sure I ever will go back.

I'm used to getting my taco fix from a hole in the wall Mexican place a couple of blocks from work.  Fantastic tacos.  And my wife makes good ones as well.

Taco Bell?  🤮

I never get their tacos. I don't even make tacos at home anymore.  Mexican street tacos spoiled me. I just order from the taquarias I have access to if I want tacos. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, rico said:

I have no problem with Taco Bell...of course I am lucky to eat there twice a year.

My stepmother was Latin so we got the real stuff in high school and college and beyond so I can't remember the last time I had Taco Bell or any Mexican Fast Food.

For the Indy area folks I did find a joint that is pretty darn close though. https://3in1restaurant.com/ Pupusas, tamales....and the workers are all straight from El Salvador so you know it's authentic. 

47 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I prefer Qdoba overall but will TB on occasion. It’s certainly gotten worse over the last say 5 years. Now granted, maybe nothing has changed from a corporate level, it could just be the QC from the local franchise. But Qdoba will always be A#1 for me in terms of national chains. 

I tried Qdoba one time! Probably a lot of my displeasure was because 1) It had just opened and they were still training and 2) neither my boss or I had ever been before and didn’t know how to order. Maybe someday I’ll give them another chance, but there isn’t one close by. Besides there are at least 5 sho’nuff Mexican restaurants in town, not to mention 2 Mexican grocery stores. One with all the signs in Spanish.

5 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I prefer Qdoba overall but will TB on occasion. It’s certainly gotten worse over the last say 5 years. Now granted, maybe nothing has changed from a corporate level, it could just be the QC from the local franchise. But Qdoba will always be A#1 for me in terms of national chains. 

The Qdoba is so bad up here in Noblesville off 37 that I'm afraid to ever go in one again.  

Over on the southwest side of Belleville, Illinois there used to be a Naugles. Great fast Mexican food. The Macho Red Burrito was King of the Hill... They got bought out by Del Taco in the 90s I guess... Some guys in California are trying to revive the franchise though...

Me and my USAF friends used to argue between Naugles, Denny's, and White Castle after a night of fun... All 3 we're 24 hour joints...

As far as Taco Bell goes, they've really slipped around here... Food was never great, but now it's down right nasty... 

The Macho Red...

EKHQiQRUwAIAlJJ.png.28745e83397dded5ea22b69fd9162d44.png

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Qdoba is my favorite over TB and Chipotle. unfortunately all of ours have closed down. 

Their potato, egg, and queso breakfast burrito is insanely good. 

Back when I lived and worked in downtown Indy, I would go to the downtown one about twice a week. The woman would always jam pack it with salty fried potatoes and scrambled eggs, b/c I didn’t order meat in mine. Am now craving one…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Qdoba is my favorite over TB and Chipotle. unfortunately all of ours have closed down. 

Back when I lived and worked in downtown Indy, I would go to the downtown one about twice a week. The woman would always jam pack it with salty fried potatoes and scrambled eggs, b/c I didn’t order meat in mine. Am now craving one…

During covid they quit doing breakfast, at least around Indy and Hamilton county.  Besides the drop in quality and freshness that may have been the downfall and why so many are closing up shop.  

1 hour ago, Lostin76 said:

Ok, I will give Qdoba another shot. I had it once.. wasn't a fan at all. Absolutely love Chipotle and Moe's though. 

I don't really consider TB all that close to the other three mentioned here. jmo 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Add queso to whatever you get. It’s sooooo good. Get the Diablo queso if you like spice. 

I'll try it, for sure. Love trying new stuff. Just wasn't a good first impression/Chipotle in Columbus IN is 200 yards away from Qdoba so I've just went there. 

• Like 1

Chipotle has them on quality and freshness.  Qdoba has them on free add on like guac and queso.  I don't have a Moe's that is convenient but I remember enjoying them back in the early days when all these places popped up.  The last time I went there it was like $12 for a burrito bowl with guac and queso and it wasn't as good as I remember.  Iirc Moe's chicken is fire but Chipotle has been offering some different flavors and about a month ago I recall it being fire.  

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ok, I will give Qdoba another shot. I had it once.. wasn't a fan at all. Absolutely love Chipotle and Moe's though. 

I don't really consider TB all that close to the other three mentioned here. jmo 

I do love Moe’s as well, but we only have one of those and it’s in a super touristy area. I don’t think TB belongs in the same conversation as Moe’s, Qdoba, or Chipotle. For me it’s strictly late-night drunk food. And that occasion doesn’t arise that much in my life now like it used to!

2 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Add queso to whatever you get. It’s sooooo good. Get the Diablo queso if you like spice. 

The Qdoba queso is incredible. I don’t know what Chipotle thinks they are using, but it’s not queso to me. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I do love Moe’s as well, but we only have one of those and it’s in a super touristy area. I don’t think TB belongs in the same conversation as Moe’s, Qdoba, or Chipotle. For me it’s strictly late-night drunk food. And that occasion doesn’t arise that much in my life now like it used to!

The Qdoba queso is incredible. I don’t know what Chipotle thinks they are using, but it’s not queso to me. 

Tb doesn't really belong. 

Chipotle's fake substitute embarrassment known as question is horrible.  I wouldn't get it if it was free.  Now they have the guacamole on point.  

• Like 1

Agreed with the above sentiment. Comparing Taco Bell to Q, Chip, and M is comparing fast food to fast casual segments. A different emphasis is placed on quality vs quantity. It’s like comparing McDonald’s to Smashburger. 

Never had Moe’s, I’ll have to find one and try it out. I’m the kind of guy who finds what he likes and sticks with it, seldom moving away unless pushed a little. 

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm putting in an order of Chipotle.  Their new special chicken is called Chicken al pastor.  Got it about a month ago.  Fire.  They sent me an email today for free queso.  I'll decline that trash.  Maybe they are trying to get rid of all the inventory and start over with something real and good.  

Al pastor chicken is the bomb.  I may try Chipotle to see how it stacks up to the stuff at places I've had it.