2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

6 minutes ago, rico said:

How about Leon Durham?

He's actually been given a pass by Cub fans for some reason...not me mind you, but some...I always said he was a plant since the Cubs got him from the Cardinals (Bruce Sutter deal)...

When Rajai Davis hit the 3 run dinger in the 8th inning of game 7 in 2016, my youngest daughter and I were on the phone together...

I told her "Oh my God. Leon Durham on a billy-goat and Bartman on a black cat just rode up"

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He's actually been given a pass by Cub fans for some reason...not me mind you, but some...I always said he was a plant since the Cubs got him from the Cardinals (Bruce Sutter deal)...

When Rajai Davis hit the 3 run dinger in the 8th inning of game 7 in 2016, my youngest daughter and I were on the phone together...

I told her "Oh my God. Leon Durham on a billy-goat and Bartman on a black cat just rode up"

That's a good point. Durham has long been given a pass by most but not this one. First time I ever cried in sports as a kid was that inning. I remember Durham saying years later a Gatorade container was knocked over his glove and his glove was soaked....wasn't right or whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And that error was on the heels of Garvey going yard the night before to win the game. That was my first experience of true sadness for sports inside of roughly 16 hours.

Until the day I die I will always say that the 1984 World Series was the greatest one that never transpired.  Man, I so wanted to see the Tigers/Cubs.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Until the day I die I will always say that the 1984 World Series was the greatest one that never transpired.  Man, I so wanted to see the Tigers/Cubs.

That whole year was a glorious time for me as a kid. Canes won first title. IU beat Carolina shutting Jordan down....my first Indy 500 was that year and Cubs were going to end the drought all until that Garvey HR and Durham's error. Haha...the things we remember.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As a Cubs fan I'm starting to get this uncomfortable feeling that Arenado might be a Cardinal in the next 48 hours. That infield would be pretty darn insane.

Inevitable I think...

Want to see what they have to give up to get him before I judge...

But I've already cited that he's not near the hitter away from Coors Field than he was in Denver's thin air...

Archived