2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Still concerned about Rivers having any targets to throw to outside TY. We could go WR with a 2nd or 3rd, but can we really count on a rookie to play big snaps all season and legitimately take heat of Hilton? I guess you've got Fountain coming back and Pacal. Hard to see them being legit impact players though. Is rumored interest in ancient Delanie Walker really going to be enough to complement Doyle? Would love to see Alie-Cox break out. Don't know if realistic, but thought he flashed enough the year before last.

4 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Still concerned about Rivers having any targets to throw to outside TY. We could go WR with a 2nd or 3rd, but can we really count on a rookie to play big snaps all season and legitimately take heat of Hilton? I guess you've got Fountain coming back and Pacal. Hard to see them being legit impact players though. Is rumored interest in ancient Delanie Walker really going to be enough to complement Doyle? Would love to see Alie-Cox break out. Don't know if realistic, but thought he flashed enough the year before last.

I think  they will pick at least two WR in this draft hopefully with 34 and  the 3rd round pick.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

14 play-off teams for 2020...

Way I understand it is 1 seed gets a bye only and 3 games on each Saturday and Sunday of Wildcard Weekend. Guess it's fine by me. Only thing I'm curious about is will they continue to have the same teams play on Saturday and Sunday as long as they are in playoffs? Only reason I ask is historically that 1 extra day of rest or not getting the extra day has a big impact on following game.

Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell passes away at 84...

He was the first African-American on the Redskins...there was a great story he told on the video "75 Seasons."

Redskins owner George Preston Marshall, who never wanted the Redskins to integrate but succumbed to pressure, had the team assemble for a team picture shortly after Mitchell was traded to them from the Browns.

After the photo, Marshall insisted the team sing "Hail to the Redskins." Mitchell said he didn't know the words so he just stood there. So Marshall yells at him, "Bobby Mitchell! SING!"

Mitchell laughing, said, "I  just started moving my lips."

Great man, civil rights activist, and helluva football player. RIP Bobby...

Edited by IUFLA

I've never been in a position to run test pilots or whatever for company product launches. Apparently some of the folks designing new NFL jerseys/logos haven't either. I think Tampa was well done but Rams and now Falcons (just released) apparently didn't do and R/D tests either. Rams is just plain awful. Always like their original stuff anyway. Falcons just released their new ones and to me the ATL looks out of place.

Maybe it's the world we live in where things have to change but changing such an established brand has plenty of downside. 

PS...Brady on Stern this morning. Cusses a lot. Smoked weed in high school. Knew last year was his last in New England. That's a recap for about 45 minutes. Haha

Draft is week from Thursday. Probably will change my mind a few times before next week but as of now I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if Bears used their first two picks on guard/interior lineman. Tired of not controlling line of scrimmage on offense. I know we need a CB/Safety too...but our line is going to need all the help/competition it can get. 

This is the fun part of the draft. All the blowing smoke signals teams will let out over coming 10 days. Still not completely sold that the Bengals will take Burrow.

• Like 2

This is nothing against California. As we know California has it's own set of rules on plenty of subjects. Regarding NFL though....Santa Clara County (49ers) official last night said sports won't come back until November. Also said their local health official will make the call not the NFL. Not sure what the Rams will do....but the 49ers might want to prepare for playing on the road this season. All season.

• Sad 1

On 4/14/2020 at 4:26 PM, Seeking6 said:

I did. I actually thought the Colts got this one right.Respecting a helmet and uniform since the beginning but also adding the part of Indiana. Thought it was well done.

Now a former Indianapolis Cathedral High School coach is claiming the Colts ripped off his logo design...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Lol...you beat me to it...

Without diving into trademarks, copyrights, infringements,etc....the guy suggesting this might want to take a refresher course. It would  be like saying Indy Cathedral needs to be sued because they ripped off the leprechaun, shamrock, ND uniforms and any and everything Notre Dame related for their own teams. Some symbols can't be copyrighted. 

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Fournette is one of those guys that sometimes I I think I like and sometimes I don't...and really don't have a reason either way. Colts certainly on the benefit of some teams trading away their best guys in Houston and now Jacksonville inside their division. We'll see how the draft unfolds and future drafts but I don't recall a time where NFL GM's have valued the RB position less during my life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

One name that is starting to work it's way up many draft boards was former Fishers kid Jeremy Chinn. Plays Safety. Sadly I don't remember him in high school. 6'3, 221 runs a 4.45 40 and 41 inch vertical. Name to remember come Friday.

I seen CBS has him going to the Bears.

• Like 1