Jump to content

2022 NFL Discussion


rico
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Time to tamper! Betting sites say Tampa is clear cut favorite to land Brady. Curious if Brady and his old buddy Peyton have discussed Arians....who is widely recognized as one the best with QB's in the game.

I just can't see Brady going to a team like Tampa Bay and I still think he will go back to the Pats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wondering what he will get because at one time they thought he might get around 30Mil

No clue but that seems to be around the number most are getting. I would say $25M with incentives to push. I still don't believe it yet because that would require our GM in hiding actually admitting the biggest draft day mistake in decades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue but that seems to be around the number most are getting. I would say $25M with incentives to push. I still don't believe it yet because that would require our GM in hiding actually admitting the biggest draft day mistake in decades.

If they sign him would they keep Trubisky or let him go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Texans just traded WR Hopkins to the Cardinals for RB David Johnson.  As a Colts fan I love this trade but what a dumb move for the Texans.

What planet are they living on in Houston? A city and team looking for good sports teams and they send Hopkins packing?? Makes zero sense. Most fantasy leagues would veto this move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What planet are they living on in Houston? A city and team looking for good sports teams and they send Hopkins packing?? Makes zero sense. Most fantasy leagues would veto this move.

I know they wouldn't have traded him in division but if I were the colts I would had offered  Marlon Mack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know they wouldn't have traded him in division but if I were the colts I would had offered  Marlon Mack.

Hopkins wants crazy money in his next deal (understandably so). More than the Texans wanted to give. Trading now gave Houston a little more leverage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know they wouldn't have traded him in division but if I were the colts I would had offered  Marlon Mack.

If I'm a Texans fan you basically traded away Clowney and Hopkins for a couple washed up guys and a few picks. Bravo O'Brien. You've made the Colts path easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ephul said:

Hopkins wants crazy money in his next deal (understandably so). More than the Texans wanted to give. Trading now gave Houston a little more leverage.

They still had him under contract for a few years unless he said he isn't showing up....there's no way to make this trade. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seeking6 said:

They still had him under contract for a few years unless he said he isn't showing up....there's no way to make this trade. 

Not saying I agree with it. But that's what I read. Arizona is going to shell out money that Houston wouldn't.

So you could be right.... He may have been threatening to sit out, and Houston decided to just send him away before it could be seen as Houston HAVING to deal him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Now with Hopkins to Arizona the Colts can find a QB as a bridge (if they don't believe in Jacoby), draft one of the 3 studs at WR who will now be there at 13 and maybe find their future QB in 2nd round or with all of their picks trade up and get him. Amazing what one move can do.

right now ESPN is saying the Colts are expressing interest in Rivers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. Colts trade 13th pick to 49ers and get all Pro Stud DL in Deforest Buckner from 49ers. That fills a pretty big need.

Edit-Ballard practicing what he preaches. Wants the line so strong. OLine already one of the best....but now with Buckner, Leonard, Hooker on Colts D? Just need to find the resources and draft capital to get QB and another WR. 

Edited by Seeking6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw a report that the bears are focused on acquiring Foles or Dalton and did not say anything about Bridgewater.

Foles-younger $5 million per

Dalton-older $16 million per

No doubt in my mind who the Mizers of the Midway are pursuing harder...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Big time coin we're going to  be shelling out for Buckner. Guess you get what you pay for. 

Is a FA QB (Rivers) inevitable? I'm guessing a developmental prospect with upside is a must in draft regardless.

Despite the Buckner move, I wouldn't be opposed to upgrading the outside pass rush. Yes, WR is a clear position of extreme need. How about upgrading Glowinski on OL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, the Colts trade makes me think they were eyeing a DL with the #13 pick anyway.

Houston is a poorly ran organization.

If I was a FA QB that was looking at the Bears I would have all kinds of questions concerning the offensive scheme.

I thought all along they were going to draft a DT or a WR with their 1st round pick.  I love this trade because Buckner more than likely will be better than any player you would have gotten with the 13th pick.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought all along they were going to draft a DT or a WR with their 1st round pick.  I love this trade because Buckner more than likely will be better than any player you would have gotten with the 13th pick.

Now we sit and wait for the draft...and to see how the QB situation is handled.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • rico changed the title to 2022 NFL Discussion
  • KDB pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...