2023 NFL Discussion

rico

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Props to the Bengals, very impressive 

They match up well with Chiefs. Their corners can hold their own (especially now without Hill) and they will be able to blanket Kelce. I don’t think they will be able to run on KC the same way but I do think their passing game should again be on point. 

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They match up well with Chiefs. Their corners can hold their own (especially now without Hill) and they will be able to blanket Kelce. I don’t think they will be able to run on KC the same way but I do think their passing game should again be on point. 

With Mahomes having a high ankle sprain, that takes away most of his scrambling, which has been critical for the Chiefs offense.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

With Mahomes having a high ankle sprain, that takes away most of his scrambling, which has been critical for the Chiefs offense.   

Bengals tackle very very well. Their defense reminds me of a Belichek defense in that regards. Won’t be a lot of run after catch and I believe they can negate Chiefs screen game. McKinnon and Toney have been a real weapon last couple weeks but not sure they will make a bunch of plays. Mahomes will have to push the ball and we saw today that Allen had nothing downfield. I like Cincy.

Edited by dgambill

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

As an Eagles fan, I kind of wanted the Cowboys next week. 

All due respect, but with Pollard likely out, I would have too. The 49ers have a much more dangerous combination of offensive and defensive prowess. Hurts is going to be running for his life back there. Eagles will have to figure out how to get pressure on Purdy.

Regardless, it’s going to be a great game 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They just find ways to screw things up. The Cowboys definitely would’ve been the team that would’ve provided the better matchup for the Eagles. 

Dak is not playing well, and McCaffrey, Deebo, and Kittle is significantly better than Zeke, Lamb, and Schultz.  

Plus, the 49ers have the top Defense in the league.

The NFC has the best matchup possible.  I personally think the AFC does as well.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

All due respect, but with Pollard likely out, I would have too. The 49ers have a much more dangerous combination of offensive and defensive prowess. Hurts is going to be running for his life back there. Eagles will have to figure out how to get pressure on Purdy.

Regardless, it’s going to be a great game 

I meant even before the Pollard injury. Just wanted the matchup. Of course the 49ers are the better team. 

On the pressure point, not too worried about the Eagles getting pressure on Purdy. We led the NFL in sacks and were 15 ahead of the next closest team. Our dline is legit. 

On the other hand, Bosa and Armstead are a problem, but Hurts is one of the most mobile QB's and we have arguably the best offensive line in the league. 

With all of that said, the 49ers scare me. Their defense is legit and McCaffrey, Kettle and Samual are difference makers. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Dak is not playing well, and McCaffrey, Deebo, and Kittle is significantly better than Zeke, Lamb, and Schultz.  

Plus, the 49ers have the top Defense in the league.

The NFC has the best matchup possible.  I personally think the AFC does as well.

Speaking of Schultz…

Man those last two plays for him were just so bad. It probably doesn’t matter, but if he just does what he is supposed to it’s very likely the Cowboys get a couple shots from the right side of midfield at least. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Speaking of Schultz…

Man those last two plays for him were just so bad. It probably doesn’t matter, but if he just does what he is supposed to it’s very likely the Cowboys get a couple shots from the right side of midfield at least. 

Agreed.  If I'm his teammate, I'm pissed.  

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did I read that Lamar turned down 130 million dollars guaranteed? 

That's the rumor and in this rare instance I actually understand why. Besides Watson's contract....Kyler Murray got almost $190M guaranteed. I can see why Lamar might feel he shouldn't have to leave $60M on the table.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the rumor and in this rare instance I actually understand why. Besides Watson's contract....Kyler Murray got almost $190M guaranteed. I can see why Lamar might feel he shouldn't have to leave $60M on the table.

I think Jackson should feel lucky he got 130 million offered to him guaranteed. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3