2023 NFL Discussion

rico

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did I read that Lamar turned down 130 million dollars guaranteed? 

3 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Yep.

FWIW Watson got $230 million guaranteed, and he’s a slime ball.

At some point, I would like to think I would step back and think to myself "I dont have to be the highest paid dude.  130 million ain't bad."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

At some point, I would like to think I would step back and think to myself "I dont have to be the highest paid dude.  130 million ain't bad."

I would think... as a running QB who is OFTEN injured and someone handed me 130 million upfront... I'd sign it in blood. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

And at some point, if I cared about you, I'd slap you and ask what the hell you're doing leaving $100M on the table.

I mean $130M doesn't really go that far when you're divorced 13 times, you of all people should know that. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Because the Browns are idiots, the Ravens shouldn't over pay or over guarantee for Lamar Jackson. Him turning down $130 million is insanely dumb. I think it's dumb to offer him that much. But, hey. 

That's up to the Ravens to decide what they think he is worth, but in terms of Lamar he should absolutely use the benchmark set by other QBs.

Now if you want to say his goal shouldn't be to get the most money because of whatever other reasons (there's certainly valid reasons) then yeah, that's fair. But if his personal goal is to get paid as much as he can, $130M isn't even close to the market rate for him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's up to the Ravens to decide what they think he is worth, but in terms of Lamar he should absolutely use the benchmark set by other QBs.

Now if you want to say his goal shouldn't be to get the most money because of whatever other reasons (there's certainly valid reasons) then yeah, that's fair. But if his personal goal is to get paid as much as he can, $130M isn't even close to the market rate for him. 

No, he should take the 130 million guaranteed and realize he's lucky he got that. He's not that good. 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Russ has $165 guaranteed. Colts' last two quarterbacks--Wentz $107 million, Ryan $100 million. 

You don't think Jackson has more value than these guys?

Yeah, he has about... 23 million more dollars worth of value than Wentz. 

Russ isn't worth 165 either lol ...... You guys are making my point. None of these dudes are worth that. 

Just now, btownqb said:

No, he should take the 130 million guaranteed and realize he's lucky he got that. He's not that good. 

You know I love you man, but your QB takes are just incredibly strange. You beg for Ehlinger to play because he can run, then you say Lamar (who has a freaking MVP and the Ravens w/l with him vs without is incredibly one sided) isn't that good? You don't think Brady is that good? 

I think you should change your name to btownDB with these takes. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Can you explain how you're deterring what he is worth if it isn't the benchmark of other QBs and what teams are willing to pay him? 

It's bad business. If you have an employee that is regularly not available to work/the competitors have figured out how the "one up" or get advantages on you, as well... you aren't worth that. 

These QBs, most, aren't worth the money they're given. 

Yeah, he has about... 23 million more dollars worth of value than Wentz. 

Russ isn't worth 165 either lol ...... You guys are making my point. None of these dudes are worth that. 

Can you explain how you're deterring what he is worth if it isn't the benchmark of other QBs and what teams are willing to pay him? 

Just now, btownqb said:

It's bad business. If you have an employee that is regularly not available to work/the competitors have figured out how the "one up" or get advantages on you, as well... you aren't worth that. 

These QBs, most, aren't worth the money they're given. 

You still aren't offering a solution, just complaining.

Can you explain how you're determining what he is worth if it isn't the benchmark of other QBs and what teams are willing to pay him? 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

You know I love you man, but your QB takes are just incredibly strange. You beg for Ehlinger to play because he can run, then you say Lamar (who has a freaking MVP and the Ravens w/l with him vs without is incredibly one sided) isn't that good? You don't think Brady is that good? 

I think you should change your name to btownDB with these takes. 

I never begged for Ehlinger to play. I just mentioned I would have used him instead of the others. I also said I would have just him in the RZ and short yardage because our team has struggled with that for years. Most teams use their QBs legs in short yardage and goal to go situations. 

Lamar is overrated. He isn't worth 130 million. If he was offered that and turned it down, he's a fool. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You still aren't offering a solution, just complaining.

Can you explain how you're determining what he is worth if it isn't the benchmark of other QBs and what teams are willing to pay him? 

I don't have to have a solution lol Dude isn't that good. The moment he loses his over the top athleticism, and maybe he already has... he's going to go from above average to below really quick. He'll be another Cam Newton. 

I never begged for Ehlinger to play. I just mentioned I would have used him instead of the others. I also said I would have just him in the RZ and short yardage because our team has struggled with that for years. Most teams use their QBs legs in short yardage and goal to go situations. 

Lamar is overrated. He isn't worth 130 million. If he was offered that and turned it down, he's a fool. 

Well he isn't a fool because he is going to get more than that from someone. 

Come on man, don't make me keep asking. You keep saying he isn't worth $130M, but you refuse to offer anything to say how you would evaluate what he is worth. If you aren't going to use what he is offered by the Ravens, or what other QBs are getting paid, what are you using to say he isn't worth that? 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Well he isn't a fool because he is going to get more than that from someone. 

Come on man, don't make me keep asking. You keep saying he isn't worth $130M, but you refuse to offer anything to say how you would evaluate what he is worth. If you aren't going to use what he is offered by the Ravens, or what other QBs are getting paid, what are you using to say he isn't worth that? 

Well his play? I don't understand. That was pretty evident to me. 

I doubt that the GMs/owners/lawyers/accountants/salary cap gurus of the teams that are purportedly overpaying their quarterbacks are all so stupid that they have been horribly duped.

If nothing else, Jackson is taking advantage of a supply/demand issue. We have discussed ad nauseum what alternative quarterbacks are available to rectify the Colts' situation, and the answers aren't as attractive as Jackson. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well his play? I don't understand. That was pretty evident to me. 

Yeah, agreed. So you think Kyler Murray is worth more than $60M more, Russ is worth more than $35M more, and DeShaun Watson is worth more than $110M more based on their play? 

Because those guys have all set the rate for QB pay, and now you have to pay Lamar comparatively to those contracts for his play. That's just basic economics, and while there may be some sort of market reset on QBs at some point, it is very unlikely to be Lamar who is the one who does that. 

Edited by KoB2011

6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I doubt that the GMs/owners/lawyers/accountants/salary cap gurus of the teams that are purportedly overpaying their quarterbacks are all so stupid that they have been horribly duped.

If nothing else, Jackson is taking advantage of a supply/demand issue. We have discussed ad nauseum what alternative quarterbacks are available to rectify the Colts' situation, and the answers aren't as attractive as Jackson. 

Oh.. so Kyler Murray is worth 190 million? Gotcha.