2023 NFL Discussion

rico

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mostly think Travis Kelce is a punk (who's a GREAT football player)... but, that was absolutely hilarious him calling out the Cinci Mayor. 

Mostly fantasy football related but I love Kelce and to me he's without question the best Tight End ever. Week after week. Year after year. The whole world knows where the ball is going yet not one single D Coordinator can design anything to stop him.

Regarding his Jabroni comment....just upped his legendary status in my book.

• Like 1

It was made clear that Mahomes is still in a league of his own, at least for now. 

Burrow is great, I'll take him over every QB not named Mahomes at this point. But he does need to start stepping it up in the fourth quarter of playoff games to really hit that next tier IMO. 

Cinci will be back again next year, they've got a squad. 

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No problem with what he did at all. That's the reaction I would have expected from Colts when Giants were making snow angels while their qb was in convulsion mode.

I'm confused on what the correlation is to the Colts/Giants thing is here? The Eagles weren't mocking the 9ers or celebrating over an injured player or anything?

Trent Williams could have seriously injured that guy? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It was made clear that Mahomes is still in a league of his own, at least for now. 

Burrow is great, I'll take him over every QB not named Mahomes at this point. But he does need to start stepping it up in the fourth quarter of playoff games to really hit that next tier IMO. 

Cinci will be back again next year, they've got a squad. 

Completely agree. I remember watching the Bucs-Cheifs Super Bowl and I think the Bucs were up something like 31-9 going into the 4th, or something like that, and every time the Cheifs got the ball back I was still doing the math on how they could come back because I was so sure Mahomes could still do it. 

I dont care what the score is, I don't count Mahomes out until the final buzzer sounds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. I remember watching the Bucs-Cheifs Super Bowl and I think the Bucs were up something like 31-9 going into the 4th, or something like that, and every time the Cheifs got the ball back I was still doing the math on how they could come back because I was so sure Mahomes could still do it. 

I dont care what the score is, I don't count Mahomes out until the final buzzer sounds. 

His 4th down throw that was dropped was one of the best throws you'll ever see anywhere. If that is caught, it could have  very easily started a comeback. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm confused on what the correlation is to the Colts/Giants thing is here? The Eagles weren't mocking the 9ers or celebrating over an injured player or anything?

Trent Williams could have seriously injured that guy? 

Probably should have qualified my statement more....I like that edge he has to him. 

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Mahomes without like all 3 of his starting wrs and on one leg still found a way. Burrow had the ball at least twice with a shot to win it and couldn’t…reminded me of the Super Bowl. I know everyone loves him but  Joe cool he is not. Montana would have come through lol. We will see how long that window stays open for them as it will be very difficult to keep that defense along with pay both Chase and Higgins plus Burrow. You look at the final 4 and you see a lot of teams playing with qbs on rookie contracts. Bills had to pay theirs and you saw how thin they became…KC paid theirs and that offense while still great is no where near same without Hill.  You land the right qb and coach if you are the colts you could make a deep run with all the money you can spend to surround them with talent. 

🙄

39 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Brady didn't play against a starting OT by either team in the conf champ or the SB. Smh 

Just now, BGleas said:

Kind of confusing the point you're trying to make? Injuries are a part of football, no?

How absurdly lucky Tom Brady got that year? Or in about 4 of the SB wins. Have you ever heard of 4 starting OTs in two games being out? Crazy lucky. 

But, just ultimately mentioning the Bucs would have never won either of those games if those OLs were healthy. Brady was absolutely awful in those playoffs. 

Mahomes had zero chance vs. Shaquil Barrett minus his two OT. Same with Rodgers. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

How absurdly lucky Tom Brady got that year? Or in about 4 of the SB wins. Have you ever heard of 4 starting OTs in two games being out? Crazy lucky. 

But, just ultimately mentioning the Bucs would have never won either of those games if those OLs were healthy. Brady was absolutely awful in those playoffs. 

Mahomes had zero chance vs. Shaquil Barrett minus his two OT. Same with Rodgers. 

I guess. I mean, Aaron Roger's threw for close to 350 yards and 3td's in that game. Not sure how much those tackles really impacted him. 

Luck is part of the game. Brady lost a Super Bowl/undefeated season because some no-name receiver caught a pass with his helmet. It happens. 

Look at Peyton Manning. A lot of luck there as well. His Super Bowl with the Colts was against arguably the 2nd worst QB ever to start a Super Bowl. I only say 2nd worst because the worst might have been Peyton with the Broncos. The Broncos won that SB solely due to their historic defense. 

Just now, BGleas said:

I guess. I mean, Aaron Roger's threw for close to 350 yards and 3td's in that game. Not sure how much those tackles really impacted him. 

Luck is part of the game. Brady lost a Super Bowl/undefeated season because some no-name receiver caught a pass with his helmet. It happens. 

Look at Peyton Manning. A lot of luck there as well. His Super Bowl with the Colts was against arguably the 2nd worst QB ever to start a Super Bowl. I only say 2nd worst because the worst might have been Peyton with the Broncos. The Broncos won that SB solely due to their historic defense. 

Oh... well then all of Brady's fit this grouping. Or... how many times NE got to play in poor weather vs. the Colts. Hmmmm.. very luck for Brady. 

But, no... I've never heard of someone being as lucky as 4 starting OTS being out in back to back games. Crazy. 

Rogers isn't sacked 5 times if one of the best 3 OL in the league are playing that day. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Oh... well then all of Brady's fit this grouping. Or... how many times NE got to play in poor weather vs. the Colts. Hmmmm.. very luck for Brady. 

But, no... I've never heard of someone being as lucky as 4 starting OTS being out in back to back games. Crazy. 

Rogers isn't sacked 5 times if one of the best 3 OL in the league are playing that day. 

Sorry the Colts had to play in cold weather. The horror that they had to deal with that. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I mostly think Travis Kelce is a punk (who's a GREAT football player)... but, that was absolutely hilarious him calling out the Cinci Mayor. 

The Cincy Mayor comment goes down as one of the dumbest of all time.  Never, ever give your opponent bulletin board material like that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sorry the Colts had to play in cold weather. The horror that they had to deal with that. 

I was just mentioning the amount of luck Brady has had to have. Let alone officials completely disregarding illegal contact/PI rules for the majority of the time Brady was in NE, helped as well. 

You'd see Harrison and Wayne absolutely covered in grass/mud after a game after having like 1 catch a piece lol 

Ty Law should have been arrested for assault after those matchups. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I was just mentioning the amount of luck Brady has had to have. Let alone officials completely disregarding illegal contact/PI rules for the majority of the time Brady was in NE, helped as well. 

You'd see Harrison and Wayne absolutely covered in grass/mud after a game after having like 1 catch a piece lol 

Ty Law should have been arrested for assault after those matchups. 

Yeah, luck is part of it, though I think playing the luck card with a guy that has 7 Super Bowl wins and 10 appearances is an odd hill to stand on.

But, it's just like Peyton Manning got lucky a lot with his Super Bowls. Mahomes got a lot of luck yesterday with the officiating grossly going in KC's favor. 

Eli got lucky with a no-name receiver catching a ball with his head. 

• Like 1

Look.  I'm on record posting on this board many times that Mahomes is the best QB in the league.  He can do som impromptu things that Burrow or no one else can do.

That said, we can praise Mahomes without trying to tear down Burrow.  He's a star.  He had 'it'.  He will get his SB some day.  He and Mahomes are the only 2 QBs that have participated in the Conference Champioship in both of the last two seasons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, luck is part of it, though I think playing the luck card with a guy that has 7 Super Bowl wins and 10 appearances is an odd hill to stand on.

But, it's just like Peyton Manning got lucky a lot with his Super Bowls. Mahomes got a lot of luck yesterday with the officiating grossly going in KC's favor. 

Eli got lucky with a no-name receiver catching a ball with his head. 

Well... plus the Pats cheated, what, 4 times? 

Just now, btownqb said:

Well... plus the Pats cheated, what, 4 times? 

No, but ok. 

So are you chalking Brady's last two seasons up to just plain being unlucky? Last season 3/4's of the Tampa's secondary was out most of the season and this year their offensive line was decimated with injuries basically from training camp on. 

Just now, BGleas said:

No, but ok. 

So are you chalking Brady's last two seasons up to just plain being unlucky? Last season 3/4's of the Tampa's secondary was out most of the season and this year their offensive line was decimated with injuries basically from training camp on. 

Plenty of TBs struggles this year was their injuries. Plus they don't have a difference maker at QB.