2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Philly -2 seems like a lock, almost too good to be true. But then again, I’m not buying that Mahomes is just playing on one leg either. Not stating that it’s rigged at all, but he only limped when making a bad throw Sunday night, as in that was his built-in excuse. He looked fine on that run that resulted in a game ending penalty as well. I think Mahomes is great, if not potentially the best 5 year start of any QB to ever play. I’m sure he was injured to an extent, but I also believe that they played that out a little… you know, just in case Burrow came in Arrowhead and won again. I think Hurts has had a helluva season, and think Philly did a fantastic job putting the right pieces around him. That being said, that 2 point line is Vegas screaming for folks to throw heavy money on Philly. I do want to at least throw a hundo on a small same game parlay though… just can’t decide if I want to bet the line. 

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Tom Brady announces his retirement. Sounds like he's actually done this time around.

Simply put the greatest at his position. 

Now what do you do if your Fox? Olsen I think has been doing a great job. Do they kick him to the curb and bring TB in right away? I know the answer is yes but Olsen will probably get picked up by someone else asap.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Simply put the greatest at his position. 

Now what do you do if your Fox? Olsen I think has been doing a great job. Do they kick him to the curb and bring TB in right away? I know the answer is yes but Olsen will probably get picked up by someone else asap.

I didn't much care for Olsen.  But he knew this day would come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Titans installing turf. 

Ugh…more injuries for the Colts probably. Bad enough we play on ours.

Crazy that the state of Tennessee probably has the most beautiful grass I’ve ever seen (in US) and they want to use fake…smh.

Edited by dgambill

20 hours ago, dgambill said:

Ugh…more injuries for the Colts probably. Bad enough we play on ours.

Crazy that the state of Tennessee probably has the most beautiful grass I’ve ever seen (in US) and they want to use fake…smh.

Article I saw stated the Titans "led the league in the most players used the last two years due to injury and that includes 91 in 2021."  They also said that the Nashville weather makes it difficult to maintain the quality of the field as the season wears on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

2 things. First in the Bengals released statement they said aware of these "misdemeanor charges"....seems like their downplaying it already. Secondly... most city prosecutor offices are a trainwreck/zoo right now but if this happened on 1/21 and we just found out about it now? Tells me they either A) Don't have a real strong witness or witnesses to back up her allegations or B) They have a really strong case and that's why it took them this long.

Either way he won't see an hour in jail. If the Bengals want to move on and have some language in his contract they could use to get rid of him so be it. He'll be on another team in 10 minutes.

57 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

2 things. First in the Bengals released statement they said aware of these "misdemeanor charges"....seems like their downplaying it already. Secondly... most city prosecutor offices are a trainwreck/zoo right now but if this happened on 1/21 and we just found out about it now? Tells me they either A) Don't have a real strong witness or witnesses to back up her allegations or B) They have a really strong case and that's why it took them this long.

Either way he won't see an hour in jail. If the Bengals want to move on and have some language in his contract they could use to get rid of him so be it. He'll be on another team in 10 minutes.

I've read that if the Bengals cut him after 6/1, the save $10MM in cap space.  If true, he's toast.  Also read where he was creating some negative locker room vibes.  Not sure if that second piece is just embellished add-on or has real truth or not.

Will be interesting to see what they do in the draft.  Perine has proven to be a decent back in a time-share.  If we see the Bengals draft an RB in Rounds 1-4, we can pretty well assume the Bengals are counting the days until June 2nd.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I've read that if the Bengals cut him after 6/1, the save $10MM in cap space.  If true, he's toast.  Also read where he was creating some negative locker room vibes.  Not sure if that second piece is just embellished add-on or has real truth or not.

Will be interesting to see what they do in the draft.  Perine has proven to be a decent back in a time-share.  If we see the Bengals draft an RB in Rounds 1-4, we can pretty well assume the Bengals are counting the days until June 2nd.

I know he broke his leg but one of the Chiefs/Bengals/Bills all seem to have some sort of issues with their running backs but man Tony Pollard in one of those offenses? Free agency in March might be the first tell before draft.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know he broke his leg but one of the Chiefs/Bengals/Bills all seem to have some sort of issues with their running backs but man Tony Pollard in one of those offenses? Free agency in March might be the first tell before draft.

The broken leg may actually work in the Bengals favor for someone like Pollard.  It reduces price.  Bengals may be going cheap on RB in order to save money to pay Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and the o-line.  Especially since this year's Super Bowl teams have proven you can win without a bell cow back.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1