2023 NFL Discussion

rico

14 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Where’s the riveting Pro Bowl flag football analysis?

I couldn't bring myself to watch it...but the longest week of the year is here. Sunday at 630 seems a long time away. Can't wait for this actual game though. We talk about the QB's, Skill Players,etc....but this one is going to be won or loss on Oline. Can the Chiefs handle Eagles front 7? Or can the Eagles get to Mahomes?

6 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Cannot make this shit up. After the Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers is gonna sit in a dark room for 4 days, and claims he’ll have “hallucinations.” Afterwards, he’ll know whether he’s gonna play next year. 
For a purportedly smart guy, he’s a frickin’ idiot.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Cannot make this shit up. After the Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers is gonna sit in a dark room for 4 days, and claims he’ll have “hallucinations.” Afterwards, he’ll know whether he’s gonna play next year. 
For a purportedly smart guy, he’s a frickin’ idiot.

You're making that up. :coffee:  

Was listening to DP show yesterday and they were talking Kelce. Almost laughing at how the whole world knows the ball is going to him yet every single game he's there with his 9 catches. They asked Chad Henne how does that happen,etc.....and he said something I never knew. He said Kelce played QB in high school. He said just that time alone allows him to just visually see the field different.

Didn't know that nor would have I suspected a kid of his size playing QB. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Was listening to DP show yesterday and they were talking Kelce. Almost laughing at how the whole world knows the ball is going to him yet every single game he's there with his 9 catches. They asked Chad Henne how does that happen,etc.....and he said something I never knew. He said Kelce played QB in high school. He said just that time alone allows him to just visually see the field different.

Didn't know that nor would have I suspected a kid of his size playing QB. 

It reminds me of Edelman always getting open on 3rd and 4. And Brady hitting him. 

• Like 1

I keep coming back to the line play that will decide this game. Mahomes is 10-3 in playoffs and all 3 losses had one thing in common. He/Chiefs lost the time of possession battle. Translation the other teams were able to run the ball and keep Mahomes on sidelines. Similar to what Patriots used to do to Peyton.

I know the Chiefs secondary is susceptible so you can't avoid Brown, Smith, Goedert,etc....but I expect a healthy dose of Sanders/Gainwell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't generally have too much of a reaction to these types of things.. 

I like that he is an offensive guy. 

There's been so much discussion regarding Saturday and Irsay and what the Colts might do/should do that I expected to see more immediate responses... but it is Sunday, so maybe church, brunch, family have slowed it down.   😁

6 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

There's been so much discussion regarding Saturday and Irsay and what the Colts might do/should do that I expected to see more immediate responses... but it is Sunday, so maybe church, brunch, family have slowed it down.   😁

I never took Saturday as a serious candidate and never paid attention to that discussion on here and Twitter, as a result. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Here's my non diehard Colts fan opinion. Really good hire. There's been rumors of Sirianni basically having "it" as a coach. We've all coached at different times but the ability to connect with NFL players has been a reported skill of Sirianni and Steichen....that they just have that "it" ability.

Steichen has had a key roll in Hurts development. Probably could do the same with whoever the Colts choose to get. Good move. I like the youth side of things too. Look around the league...the best teams year in and year out have been guided by guys under 45 recently....minus of course Reid.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

No way I would pick Richardson at 4

He has a ton of tools to work with. Very young but the kid learns and is very coachable. A lot of his mistakes he comes back later and reads those coverages and then makes the right decisions.  Just needs more time…he isn’t 24-25 like some of the guys we are talking about. He throws well on the move and has by far the best arm in the draft. 6’4 230 freak athlete…and we all know how Ballard loves guys that measure as elite athletes. He is just turning 22…I mean a lot of the stuff he is doing ..amazing. His new coach would also have a lot of experience coaching young raw qbs coming from coaching Herbert in SD and then Hurts. I think Ballard is going to try for a home run.

Edited by dgambill

47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He has a ton of tools to work with. Very young but the kid learns and is very coachable. A lot of his mistakes he comes back later and reads those coverages and then makes the right decisions.  Just needs more time…he isn’t 24-25 like some of the guys we are talking about. He throws well on the move and has by far the best arm in the draft. 6’4 230 freak athlete…and we all know how Ballard loves guys that measure as elite athletes. He is just turning 22…I mean a lot of the stuff he is doing ..amazing. His new coach would also have a lot of experience coaching young raw qbs coming from coaching Herbert in SD and then Hurts. I think Ballard is going to try for a home run.

I want Stroud as our QB

• Like 1