2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Favre seems to have gotten himself into a bit of a pickle, taking money that was supposed to go to people in need.

He was a great player, but not the brightest guy.

I agree totally. He jerked the Packers around and they finally got rid of him. I was hoping the same thing would happen to Rodgers but they didn't have a quality replacement.

So what is the trigger point for Sam to get a shot at starting at QB if Colts don't get on track.  Fortunately, their division looks bad.  Titans look quite stale themselves. Jags are certainly trending up but don't see them separating.  So colts can probably stay in striking range for some time. 

Sam is special and he clearly put in a lot of work in the off season to improve his game.  He is like Jalen Brunson in NBA.  People gravitate and rally around leaders such as him.  I'd be tempted to activate him for the KC game in case it gets out of hand. 

2 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

So what is the trigger point for Sam to get a shot at starting at QB if Colts don't get on track.  Fortunately, their division looks bad.  Titans look quite stale themselves. Jags are certainly trending up but don't see them separating.  So colts can probably stay in striking range for some time. 

Sam is special and he clearly put in a lot of work in the off season to improve his game.  He is like Jalen Brunson in NBA.  People gravitate and rally around leaders such as him.  I'd be tempted to activate him for the KC game in case it gets out of hand. 

That's a toughie.  I'll be honest and say that, as a Bengals fan with Sunday Ticket, I have not watched the Colts play yet this year. 

That said, I think the season needs to be at least 6-7 games in doesnt it?  At that point if the Colts are 2-5 or worse, at least two games behind in the standings, and not showing improvement, then maybe.  Anything else is premature in my opinion.

Fact is, without Pittman, the expectations of the passing game should be kept in check, regardless of the QB.

Edited by 5fouls

3 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

The way the O line has passed blocked no QB will be any good back there. Joe Burrow is head and shoulders better than Sam and look how bad his O line has made him look. Sam cannot read it quick enough to survive 

I think they remain in the division hunt for quite some time even they are mediocre.  We'll see. Everytime I think the titans are done they get really good. This time it looks different.   So with a week 14 bye and if it looks hopeless then he gets 4 games at the end of the season.  I'd still activate him for the chiefs game and maybe some others.  Sam is mobile and athletic so he brings something to the table there.

19 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Sam getting a shot means we are tanking for a draft pick. 

I like Sam but he is nothing more than a backup in this league. 

• Like 2

Just now, rico said:

How many quality NFL starters has Ohio St. produced?

How many quality NFL starters has 'Bama produced?

Bama is looking like the answer to that might be 3 right now.... nearly 10% of the leagues starters and all of them being on playoff caliber teams isn't bad. 

Let's be real, there is a lot that goes into being a good NFL quarterback and I think very little of that has to do with where you went to college. Bama has 3 (I'm included Hurts for Bama and OU) and OU has 3, no one else has more than 2.

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Bama is looking like the answer to that might be 3 right now.... nearly 10% of the leagues starters and all of them being on playoff caliber teams isn't bad. 

Let's be real, there is a lot that goes into being a good NFL quarterback and I think very little of that has to do with where you went to college. Bama has 3 (I'm included Hurts for Bama and OU) and OU has 3, no one else has more than 2.

My point was I don't trust Ohio St. QBs in the NFL.  My apologies for not phrasing it correctly.

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Bama only has 2 i believe, Jones and Tua. Hurts would be Oklahoma right?

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Bama only has 2 i believe, Jones and Tua. Hurts would be Oklahoma right?

Technically that is probably correct, but he started for multiple years, won titles, and graduated from Bama. He played 42 games there and 14 at OU. I personally don't have a problem with both schools claiming him. 

If Rob Phinisee was good enough to make the NBA after this season, would you consider him a Cincinnati guy or an IU guy? 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Technically that is probably correct, but he started for multiple years, won titles, and graduated from Bama. He played 42 games there and 14 at OU. I personally don't have a problem with both schools claiming him. 

If Rob Phinisee was good enough to make the NBA after this season, would you consider him a Cincinnati guy or an IU guy? 

I agree, I wanted to like it but won't let membi just heard that about the school with the most starting QBS in the league and I thought it waa Bama but they listed Hurts as a Sooner

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Little off topic but currently there are 3 colleges that each have 3 QBS on active NFL rosters,  can we name them?

Oklahoma is one. I'm including Bama but I think that changes the number to four.

Missouri (Lock, Daniel, Gabbert).

I'm guessing the last answer is a school that is made up of mostly/all backups. Does BYU have a third in the league? 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree, I wanted to like it but won't let membi just heard that about the school with the most starting QBS in the league and I thought it waa Bama but they listed Hurts as a Sooner

I would assume it would be the school they got drafted from?

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I would assume it would be the school they got drafted from?

I don't think there is like an official ruling on this. Guys can be a former player of more than one school, it happens literally every single year. An alumni is just someone who attended a school; they don't even have to have graduated. 

Now I don't think that in every situation there are warm feelings between multiple schools, but in a situation like Hurts I think that's a great example of a guy that would be welcomed back and cheered for by both schools. Didn't the Manning Cast have Saban on during an Eagles - Pats game last year to talk about Jones and Hurts? 

Didn't Joe Burrow go back to an OSU game recently? 

Hell, IU and ND probably have more reversible jacket fans than any other fanbases. We are the last people that should say you can only have allegiance to one school.