2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say it's its the same thing every week then just maybe there is something to it.

Rick Venturi made me spit my drink out. When he Said " Well he'll our 80 million dollar guard just got blown up again. " well we'll but I know he is greatest lineman ever  and Venturi sucked as a coach.

If Nelson was any other player he would not be an all pro this year. His past and name got that award. The reason why he knows Stewart deserved an all pro nod but in reality it's just a popularity contest.

Not To Proud, To Lose For Stroud!!!

Because after all, that’s what these forums are for… so that some guy who couldn’t hold the jock straps of these players can sit in his living room and incessantly criticize. As was said, the message is one thing. Having nothing but negative comments is monotonous and dull.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say it's its the same thing every week then just maybe there is something to it.

Rick Venturi made me spit my drink out. When he Said " Well he'll our 80 million dollar guard just got blown up again. " well we'll but I know he is greatest lineman ever  and Venturi sucked as a coach.

If Nelson was any other player he would not be an all pro this year. His past and name got that award. The reason why he knows Stewart deserved an all pro nod but in reality it's just a popularity contest.

Not To Proud, To Lose For Stroud!!!

No one is arguing there aren’t things to complain about.  No one is arguing there aren’t problems.  But people act like they have something to prove when they come back again and again and again.  Repeating yourself (not you) doesn’t win anything.

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I like the rookie tight ends. By and large the defense has played well this year. 
And really, what good does it do to constantly be negative? 

I’d add the rookie safety Thomas has looked pretty good.  Franklin has played well this year…better than I thought he was capable.  And I’d add that Raimann has shown improvement.  Is he the long term answer?  I have no idea, but improvement is something I think we’d all like to see and he has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

It’s not a wide margin…real question…is Carson Wentz any better…I mean dang he was awful today….not sure how I’d rank any of them lol.

Just shows you how bad Ballard is at evaluating the QB position. Luckily I didn't watch a second if the game and only listened to the first quarter. Went to Muncie to see my daughter and granddaughter which made for a lit better day that watching this joke of an organization 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

We can talk about whatever you'd like. He's currently better than Matt Ryan. 

He’s not. I think you’d really struggle to find an objective person who agrees. I think you with all your bias against Ryan would struggle to point to anything besides mobility that Sam does better.

Ryan may have a dead arm, Sam’s arm was never born.

Accuracy and ball coming out on time isn’t even close between the two.

Sam doesn’t have a single trait of an NFL quarterback. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

After and during every Colt game the same guys show up and it’s the same complaining. Nothing new to add, nothing constructive to say. Got old about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately, blocking people doesn’t help because they are constantly quoted.

Glad y’all feel better about yourselves by constantly running these guys into the ground. I know it must be really easy to succeed as a player or GM in the NFL because you guys seem to have it all figured out. 

What possibly could some one post that is a positive from this team.

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He’s not. I think you’d really struggle to find an objective person who agrees. I think you with all your bias against Ryan would struggle to point to anything besides mobility that Sam does better.

Ryan may have a dead arm, Sam’s arm was never born.

Accuracy and ball coming out on time isn’t even close between the two.

Sam doesn’t have a single trait of an NFL quarterback. 

Oh.. I speak to 3 or 4 guys every day that think Ehlinger is better. 

Sure mobility is a lot of it, but pretty clearly Sam has a stronger arm... and again.. can actually get away from people who rush the QB. 

There's no way to run offense through Matt Ryan. At least with Ehlinger you can full college playbook. 

Kind of crazy to watch Matt Ryan and not think Ehlinger is better. Ryan can't even defend himself. 

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

After and during every Colt game the same guys show up and it’s the same complaining. Nothing new to add, nothing constructive to say. Got old about 6 weeks ago. Unfortunately, blocking people doesn’t help because they are constantly quoted.

Glad y’all feel better about yourselves by constantly running these guys into the ground. I know it must be really easy to succeed as a player or GM in the NFL because you guys seem to have it all figured out. 

What exactly should we say about the Colts that is positive?

The thing that gets old is the defense of what has been the worst team in the NFL the second half of the season.  I got to every home game, I’ve got skin in the game, and I’m sick of what I’ve been watching. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not the point.

Not even close to the point 

This is a message board about the NFL and most around here are Colts fans.  What do you think should be discussed on this board on a Sunday afternoon during and after the Colts game. How they are playing if people can't post their frustrations about how bad this team is then there would be no activity on this board.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What exactly should we say about the Colts that is positive?

The thing that gets old is the defense of what has been the worst team in the NFL the second half of the season.  I got to every home game, I’ve got skin in the game, and I’m sick of what I’ve been watching. 

Don’t say a word then. Stop spending your money if you hate the product that much. Just because something is, doesn’t mean it has to constantly be pointed out.

• Like 1

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Don’t say a word then. Stop spending your money if you hate the product that much. Just because something is, doesn’t mean it has to constantly be pointed out.

Could you not do that when people talk about the Colts or about Purdue? It seems like you think it’s more than fair to complain about things that bother you.

@btownqb and I go at each other hard on this and he’s one of my favorite posters. There’s nothing personal, just dudes talking sports. I don’t think it impacts either of our days or outlooks on life one bit. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is a message board about the NFL and most around here are Colts fans.  What do you think should be discussed on this board on a Sunday afternoon during and after the Colts game. How they are playing if people can't post their frustrations about how bad this team is then there would be no activity on this board.

Nothing Scott. It does no good . If you’re that frustrated, why watch?

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nothing Scott. It does no good . If you’re that frustrated, why watch?

Then the next time a Purdue fan post here I don't want to see a word from you telling them Nobody cares.  If that bothers you that much then turn away and say nothing. We all know what we say means nothing in the long run and sports in the long run means nothing. Then why even have message boards in the first place and if you don't like it then why do you even come here.  To me you come here just to bitch about people that are bitching.