2023 NFL Discussion

rico

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Making $64M a year and be the leader of the greatest product not named Apple in our country? Guess everyone does different career goals but that's not a bad one.

I get the money aspect, but unlike business leaders, commissioners are rarely remember in a fond way. At some point, you inevitably do something to become the villain. Not saying it wouldn't be worth it for that money, it's just not what my approach to getting that money would be. 

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I get the money aspect, but unlike business leaders, commissioners are rarely remember in a fond way. At some point, you inevitably do something to become the villain. Not saying it wouldn't be worth it for that money, it's just not what my approach to getting that money would be. 

Somehow I don't think a guy like Warren or Goodell worry about becoming a villain.  They've likely already experienced it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Do you really think people with the confidence, drive, and that ambition think they will actually worry about failing. There has been beloved commissioners before….but most importantly I’m sure his ego is big enough to think he would be a smashing success.

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

What are we thinking about the Colts’ interview list thus far? 

I have no clue why Bieniemy hasn't already been a Head Coach. Maybe he thought or felt Reid wasn't going to be around this long. Hard to argue with his track record but I always wonder is he maybe a Josh McDaniels type. Better OC vs Head Coach?

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have no clue why Bieniemy hasn't already been a Head Coach. Maybe he thought or felt Reid wasn't going to be around this long. Hard to argue with his track record but I always wonder is he maybe a Josh McDaniels type. Better OC vs Head Coach?

Patrick Mahomes deserves a lot of credit for Bienemy's success.

The Colts do not have Patrick Mahomes.

Knowing the front office, they may draft his brother though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Several things have gone against him to this point. 

1. He had several legal incidents when he was younger.

2. He's not been the Chiefs play caller.

3. He's been the OC for one of the top QB's in the league. 

4. He's in his 50's and hasn't fit the mold of the young up and comer in a copycat league where everyone wants to find the next McVay or Shanahan. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Several things have gone against him to this point. 

1. He had several legal incidents when he was younger.

2. He's not been the Chiefs play caller.

3. He's been the OC for one of the top QB's in the league. 

4. He's in his 50's and hasn't fit the mold of the young up and comer in a copycat league where everyone wants to find the next McVay or Shanahan. 

5. He is a terrible interviewer (or so I have heard)

6. Not only is he not the play caller, but Reid does all of the OC duties. EB is OC in title only.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Honestly?  I'm not there so I don't know.  Just passing on what I have heard.  However, that clip doesn't completely discredit what I said.  They work together.  "He literally calls the plays in there".  What does "in there mean"?  Do I think Reid would lie?  I don't know.  But do I think he'd put the best spin on it possible to help EB get a job?  Absolutely.  But maybe what I've heard is wrong.  Even if it is, there have to be reasons EB hasn't gotten a job by now and keeps getting passed over.

7 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Honestly?  I'm not there so I don't know.  Just passing on what I have heard.  However, that clip doesn't completely discredit what I said.  They work together.  "He literally calls the plays in there".  What does "in there mean"?  Do I think Reid would lie?  I don't know.  But do I think he'd put the best spin on it possible to help EB get a job?  Absolutely.  But maybe what I've heard is wrong.  Even if it is, there have to be reasons EB hasn't gotten a job by now and keeps getting passed over.

Most everything they’ve said nationally is because he is a horrible in interviews. Which should play a part but not a huge part. They said joe judge had a fantastic interview and look how that turned out. 

• Like 1

I personally am a fan of Bieniemy, but not sure he's my top guy or not. I really just know that I want an offensive guy with this hire and he is obviously an offensive guy, but there are other names I like a lot too. 

Regarding his issues in the past - it strikes me he was probably just a complete jackass in college and during his time in the NFL. Not excusing it, but it seems like he has grown up and behaves like an adult now. Does anyone know much to the contrary on that thought process? 

2 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don't know if I would trust ol' Andy. He's sneaky. Goes around drawing mustaches on players faces.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Just announced. Mike Williams out for Chargers’ playoff game v Jags. Not even traveling with the team.

Staley made a huge mistake playing him in a meaningless game 

Was just going to post this. The amount of dumb involved here by Staley is unreal.....and I feel a very fireable offense. Shoot Staley just helped them out so they can enter the Payton sweepstakes. Honestly Chargers would be the team I'd roll with if I'm Payton anyway.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

One example might be last season's AFC championship game when the Chiefs tried to score right before the end of first half and failed on Mahomes short pass to Hill.  Video that I've seen of Reid discussing that play shows him saying he should have given Mahomes a better play.  Yeah, maybe he's trying to take responsibility for a bad decision by Mahomes, but HE says HE gave him the play.  No mention of EB...possibly for the same reason, but I found it interesting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Was just going to post this. The amount of dumb involved here by Staley is unreal.....and I feel a very fireable offense. Shoot Staley just helped them out so they can enter the Payton sweepstakes. Honestly Chargers would be the team I'd roll with if I'm Payton anyway.

Out of AZ, DEN, and LAC? Oh undoubtedly, no question I'd go with LAC. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Out of AZ, DEN, and LAC? Oh undoubtedly, no question I'd go with LAC. 

Chargers better than Broncos so that's a wash for the tough division/conference angle....and I don't know. I wouldn't touch Arizona and their ownership or Kyler Murray and that contract ever. Clown show in the desert. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Chargers better than Broncos so that's a wash for the tough division/conference angle....and I don't know. I wouldn't touch Arizona and their ownership or Kyler Murray and that contract ever. Clown show in the desert. 

Correct.  I was shocked when I was in AZ last Xmas how many Cards fans I ran into that didn't care for KM. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Correct.  I was shocked when I was in AZ last Xmas how many Cards fans I ran into that didn't care for KM. 

My wife's family just moved out there from Chicago....KM isn't liked by many at all. Nothing like having a $200M anchor tied to your franchise who the majority doesn't like. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Of course... there aren't many QBs I'd take over Herbert. So that by itself is enough for me. 

Besides Mahomes just because of Kelce....Herbert is my favorite QB in the league.

• Like 1