2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I respect your opinion, but it seems we’ll never know for sure. 

I don't think Baker is good. But.. I also see nothing there to question the depth of the roster because our 6th corner is struggling. 

I Rodgers, Flowers, and now JuJu are all SIGNIFICANTLY better than Baker. So are Jones and Moore. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think Baker is good. But.. I also see nothing there to question the depth of the roster because our 6th corner is struggling. 

I Rodgers, Flowers, and now JuJu are all SIGNIFICANTLY better than Baker. So are Jones and Moore. 

Well we lost because our depth at OT, DT, and CB isn’t good. 

Depth at WR is not good either, but luckily no injuries. Yet. Downs is a stud tho. They need to consult with Reggie on WR prospects more often. 

8 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Well we lost because our depth at OT, DT, and CB isn’t good. 

Depth at WR is not good either, but luckily no injuries. Yet. Downs is a stud tho. They need to consult with Reggie on WR prospects more often. 

We lost because our rookie HC made awful decisions late in the first half. Our depth at OT is fantastic when it isn't blocking one of the best 3 DL in the NFL. 

The depth at corner is fine, as mentioned. No one sustains the amount of injuries we have at corner. Period. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We lost because our rookie HC made awful decisions late in the first half. Our depth at OT is fantastic when it isn't blocking one of the best 3 DL in the NFL. 

The depth at corner is fine, as mentioned. No one sustains the amount of injuries we have at corner. Period. 

They’ve had 2 injuries at corner. That happens. If you’re playing 3 corners you need to have 5-6 you are confident in. 

Freeland has not played well, in my opinion. Maybe he’ll improve over the years as he gains experience. 

Depth at WR and DT not good. Hopefully no injuries there.

S, DE and TE have nice depth, even though they are lacking elite talent. 

16 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

They’ve had 2 injuries at corner. That happens. If you’re playing 3 corners you need to have 5-6 you are confident in. 

Freeland has not played well, in my opinion. Maybe he’ll improve over the years as he gains experience. 

Depth at WR and DT not good. Hopefully no injuries there.

S, DE and TE have nice depth, even though they are lacking elite talent. 

And Rodgers.. they literally had 5 corners they were confident in. 

Rodgers, Brents, and Flowers all go down/suspended. Moore/Jones still healthy. 

Freeland has played very well, especially if you factor in the DLs he's had to face..... your opinion, just like the one you had/have about Raimann is wrong. 

like.. why do you think the Colts have a top 5 rated OL?  

Edited by btownqb

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And Rodgers.. they literally had 5 corners they were confident in. 

Rodgers, Brents, and Flowers all go down/suspended. Moore/Jones still healthy. 

Freeland has played very well, especially if you factor in the DLs he's had to face..... your opinion, just like the one you had/have about Raimann is wrong. 

like.. why do you think the Colts have a top 5 rated OL?  

Rodgers wasn’t an injury. He’s just a knucklehead. Colts should have never counted on him. 

Raimann has been fine this year. Hopefully Freeland gets there also. All NFL teams have good DLs… 

57 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Rodgers wasn’t an injury. He’s just a knucklehead. Colts should have never counted on him. 

Raimann has been fine this year. Hopefully Freeland gets there also. All NFL teams have good DLs… 

Preposterous. But, again... We had 5 corners ahead of Baker. 

All NFL teams have good DLs... all NFL teams have Aaron Donald and Myles Garrett? ya know, they don't. That's the only two individuals Freeland has struggled against. 

Raimann was "fine" last year. Raimann has been pro-bowl-level good this year. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 12:55 PM, btownqb said:

Preposterous. But, again... We had 5 corners ahead of Baker. 

All NFL teams have good DLs... all NFL teams have Aaron Donald and Myles Garrett? ya know, they don't. That's the only two individuals Freeland has struggled against. 

Raimann was "fine" last year. Raimann has been pro-bowl-level good this year. 

Really 3 corners since Moore is a slot corner. And jury is out on Jones too, IMO. He just looks OK to me so far. Little stiff. 

And Freeland just hasn’t been good overall, which is what I would expect from a rookie mid round pick. Hopefully the starting 5 can get and stay healthy. 

Point is, the 53 man roster has filler at the bottom, and very little elite talent at the top. But they have their coach and QB finally, and some nice pieces from the 2023 draft, and that’s a great place to build from. Maybe AR getting hurt will allow them to get another nice draft next year. 

7 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Really 3 corners since Moore is a slot corner. And jury is out on Jones too, IMO. He just looks OK to me so far. Little stiff. 

And Freeland just hasn’t been good overall, which is what I would expect from a rookie mid round pick. Hopefully the starting 5 can get and stay healthy. 

Point is, the 53 man roster has filler at the bottom, and very little elite talent at the top. But they have their coach and QB finally, and some nice pieces from the 2023 draft, and that’s a great place to build from. Maybe AR getting hurt will allow them to get another nice draft next year. 

sure man. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This Colts offense is a lot better this year but the defense just doesn’t have the pieces. Especially in the secondary. 

Front 7 has been disappointing today. I get the Stewart loss takes a lot away against the run, but another example of lack of depth if the drop off is this bad.