2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just now, Boiler Sam said:

Yup. Lots of filler at the bottom of this roster. For a great talent evaluator, you’d expect more after 7 drafts. 

My take is that this team is close. One more year of high draft picks should set them up for sustainable success. They just aren’t there yet. Oh and I’d lose every game the rest of the season if the Colts got a shot a Harrison Jr.

• Like 2

Just now, DC2345 said:

My take is that this team is close. One more year of high draft picks should set them up for sustainable success. They just aren’t there yet. Oh and I’d lose every game the rest of the season if the Colts got a shot a Harrison Jr.

They have their coach and their QB, and a bunch of solid players in the starting 22. Need to add a true WR1, a lockdown corner, and maybe an edge rusher. 

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am at the Colts game and that Call to overturn the INT was atrocious. Also Gus Bradley needs to go as the DC, 3 straight games of 35+ points

It was the right call to overturn it. What I don't understand if how they decided they had conclusive proof on that review but the AP catch they didn't. 

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am at the Colts game and that Call to overturn the INT was atrocious. Also Gus Bradley needs to go as the DC, 3 straight games of 35+ points

When you give a DC a bunch of stiffs like Jones, Brown and Baker as his “cornerbacks”, what do you expect? 

It ain’t the Xs and the Os, it’s the Jimmies and the Joes…

28 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

When you give a DC a bunch of stiffs like Jones, Brown and Baker as his “cornerbacks”, what do you expect? 

It ain’t the Xs and the Os, it’s the Jimmies and the Joes…

I don’t mind the mistakes Jones makes. He’s a rookie with upside who’s been getting better and he shouldn’t be in the role he’s in. The other guys just aren’t very good 

24 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

You do remember that the two starting corners are out with injuries right?

Sure, all teams have injuries 8 weeks in. I’m just pointing out that when you have poor depth at corner, you are going to get points scored on you in this league, no matter who the DC is. Unless you have a great pass rush, and we don’t. 

Edited by Boiler Sam

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

It was the right call to overturn it. What I don't understand if how they decided they had conclusive proof on that review but the AP catch they didn't. 

To me whatever they called on the field should have stand because there wasn't enough to overturn it.

Edited by IU Scott

36 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

You do remember that the two starting corners are out with injuries right?

Ballard needed to bring in some experience CB's in the off season. It was stupid that rely on rookies or second year player who didn't play many snaps last year.

Edited by IU Scott

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Ballard needed to bring in some experience CB's in the off season. It was stupid that rely on rookies or second year player who didn't play many snaps last year.

Isaiah Rodgers was fine along w Kenny Moore.  But we now know what an idiot Rodgers is and didn’t know until June.  Really hard to prepare for that.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Still needed an outside corner to go with those two

I don’t disagree that better depth is needed at that position.  At all.  But I think it’s easy to lose sight of the loss of Rodgers in June.  How many NFL teams have enough depth at corner when 3 of your best 4 corners are unavailable?  That’s tough for anyone.

25 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Isaiah Rodgers was fine along w Kenny Moore.  But we now know what an idiot Rodgers is and didn’t know until June.  Really hard to prepare for that.

Literally everyone but Ballard knew we were woefully thin at corner going into the season.

Doesn’t help that he has basically whiffed at the position in the draft since he’s been here…Quincy, Rock, Rush, etc…

3 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Literally everyone but Ballard knew we were woefully thin at corner going into the season.

Doesn’t help that he has basically whiffed at the position in the draft since he’s been here…Quincy, Rock, Rush, etc…

Agree to disagree.  If the Colts have Rodgers to go w Dallis Flowers and Brents I think they’d be fine.  

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

Agree to disagree.  If the Colts have Rodgers to go w Dallis Flowers and Brents I think they’d be fine.  

If every team had everybody, everyone would be fine. That’s just not reality in this league.

Really good rosters don’t have 2-3 bad corners at the bottom. 

12 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

If every team had everybody, everyone would be fine. That’s just not reality in this league.

Really good rosters don’t have 2-3 bad corners at the bottom. 

“If every team had everybody, everyone would be fine.”  That’s not close to reality at all.

I’m moving on.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

14 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Sucks for Kirk Cousins, coming off some of the best playing of his career, and finally getting the "can't play well in big games" monkey off his back. To tear an achilles on a non-contact play  really stinks, especially as his contract is about up.

Flip side is, everyone will now get to see how good the Vikings are without him, or how good they aren’t.

Could end up like Dak’s broken ankle in 2020, showing how bad the Cowboys were without him, actually increasing Dak’s leverage in negotiations….