2023 NFL Discussion

rico

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If Fields would just play well we could have him, MHJ and Best Tackle available. If Fields doesn't...we'll have to decide which route to go with likely new Coach. Do you grab MHJ and keep trading back to stack picks or not is the tough one.

If Fields would just show progress it makes things a ton easier.

I say even if he shows some more improvement, I don’t think he has shown enough to pass on Williams. His improvement will net you the first rd pick that you can just use for your lineman etc. there will be a qb needy team that would trade the first for him. Just restart the clock and take a much more polished qb. Teams still have time to evaluate him next year before committing long term.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Right. were the other two in the first year with a rookie QB? 

Like I think this time is "Extra wrong" ....either way, I think we can all definitely see Frank Reich isn't the only issue in Carolina. 

Especially if it was Tepper that forced the trade up for, and selection of, Bryce Young. 

• Like 1

So I was thinking after the Bears game last night...if they hadn't had those two catastrophic collapses in the final few minutes of the Denver and Lions games....they would actually be 6-6 right now. I could easily see the Bears with a competent coaching staff at 7-5.

The good news, is that I believe they will have the most attractive available head coaching opening in the upcoming off-season. 2 top draft picks, the o-line has been playing better...they still need a center, defense has been playing better, but they still need another edge rusher, and they have a legit #1 receiver for 2 more seasons under contract. Not to mention they are way under the salary cap.

They definitely will need to draft/sign: center, edge rusher, probably QB, wide receiver, perhaps a corner if they don't tag/re-sign Jaylon Johnson.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Jones has been good and Kenny Moore has had a much better year this year than last season. Getting Flowers back will be big for our secondary next season, I think I'd still like to see us add another corner but we'll see how things progress the next 6 games. 

I do very much feel like we should be 8-3 if we get a remotely fair whistle in the Cleveland and LA Rams games. Of the other three losses, only the second JAX game was a real stinker - we were in a good spot to win the other two. It's wild, but it feels like everyone is talking about the future of the division with HOU and JAX, but I think we are in just as good of a spot as those two moving forward, AFCS should be great for years to come. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Jones has been good and Kenny Moore has had a much better year this year than last season. Getting Flowers back will be big for our secondary next season, I think I'd still like to see us add another corner but we'll see how things progress the next 6 games. 

I do very much feel like we should be 8-3 if we get a remotely fair whistle in the Cleveland and LA Rams games. Of the other three losses, only the second JAX game was a real stinker - we were in a good spot to win the other two. It's wild, but it feels like everyone is talking about the future of the division with HOU and JAX, but I think we are in just as good of a spot as those two moving forward, AFCS should be great for years to come. 

Agree with basically all of this. I think Brents will be a starter and Dallis the 3rd, but I have no problem drafting one. 

I think we can go BPA in round one between corner, WR.... maybe DE if there is one we really like, but I love the DL as a whole right now. I think one spot we can find a play maker, if ones available later on, is FS... I'd love to find a dynamic player there... I like Thomas, but we can for sure upgrade. 

Either way... Trevor Lawrence seems more like Ryan Tannehill than Andrew Luck which is VERY good for us. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree with basically all of this. I think Brents will be a starter and Dallis the 3rd, but I have no problem drafting one. 

I think we can go BPA in round one between corner, WR.... maybe DE if there is one we really like, but I love the DL as a whole right now. I think one spot we can find a play maker, if ones available later on, is FS... I'd love to find a dynamic player there... I like Thomas, but we can for sure upgrade. 

Either way... Trevor Lawrence seems more like Ryan Tannehill than Andrew Luck which is VERY good for us. 

It kinda depends where we end up on draft strategy for me, if we end up in a spot where we can move up to get a weapon on offense I do it. Potential big difference in our ability to move up if we are drafting 15-18 as opposed to like 23.

And I agree on Lawrence not being Luck but I can't dunk on him that hard to say Tannehill 🤣

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It kinda depends where we end up on draft strategy for me, if we end up in a spot where we can move up to get a weapon on offense I do it. Potential big difference in our ability to move up if we are drafting 15-18 as opposed to like 23.

And I agree on Lawrence not being Luck but I can't dunk on him that hard to say Tannehill 🤣

Now now.. I said "more like Tannehill than Luck" I didn't say--- "a clone of Tannehill" hahaha

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, FritzIam4IU said:

So I was thinking after the Bears game last night...if they hadn't had those two catastrophic collapses in the final few minutes of the Denver and Lions games....they would actually be 6-6 right now. I could easily see the Bears with a competent coaching staff at 7-5.

The good news, is that I believe they will have the most attractive available head coaching opening in the upcoming off-season. 2 top draft picks, the o-line has been playing better...they still need a center, defense has been playing better, but they still need another edge rusher, and they have a legit #1 receiver for 2 more seasons under contract. Not to mention they are way under the salary cap.

They definitely will need to draft/sign: center, edge rusher, probably QB, wide receiver, perhaps a corner if they don't tag/re-sign Jaylon Johnson.

And add that first Vikings game too. The margins between 4-8 and 7-5 are scary. Just think right now we'd be talking about playoff bound Bears and building momentum....and now? Rebuild and what to do with our picks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

@Boiler Sam thoughts? Colts being 6-5 has to tick you off. 

Not at all, especially with Minshew at QB. Ballard finally had what seems like a nice draft, and more importantly, absolutely crushed the coaching search. 

But they’re playing an insanely easy schedule, so let’s not throw the Ballard parade just yet. Still lacking at edge rusher, corner and WR1. 

7 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Not at all, especially with Minshew at QB. Ballard finally had what seems like a nice draft, and more importantly, absolutely crushed the coaching search. 

But they’re playing an insanely easy schedule, so let’s not throw the Ballard parade just yet. Still lacking at edge rusher, corner and WR1. 

I didn't parade anything. I said the Colts are 6-5... you said they were a bottom dweller coming into the year. Far from it. 

"finally had what seems like a nice draft" ehhhh--- Ballard regularly puts together very good drafts. Speak factually. 

Leonard, Smith, Nelson, Turay, Lewis, Hines, Matt Adams, Zaire Franklin all in the same draft? DE has been great, as a whole. But yeah--- they don't have a Myles Garrett/TJ Watt. Most teams don't. 

Gotta figure out if Pierce is the guy or not, but probably shouldn't be scared to take a WR round 1 this coming year. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I didn't parade anything. I said the Colts are 6-5... you said they were a bottom dweller coming into the year. Far from it. 

"finally had what seems like a nice draft" ehhhh--- Ballard regularly puts together very good drafts. Speak factually. 

Leonard, Smith, Nelson, Turay, Lewis, Hines, Matt Adams, Zaire Franklin all in the same draft? DE has been great, as a whole. But yeah--- they don't have a Myles Garrett/TJ Watt. Most teams don't. 

Gotta figure out if Pierce is the guy or not, but probably shouldn't be scared to take a WR round 1 this coming year. 

Year 7… when will this guy win a division? 

And he’s had some awful drafts. Blown a TON of 2nd round picks. Part of it is he fails to fill needs in FA, then he has to draft for need instead of BPA. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Would be awesome to add a Coleman or Odunze. I think that would just be such a game changer for us to have one of those two. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

First ever Monday Night Football Flex....instead of Chiefs at Patriots they are taking Eagles at Seahawks.

I guess this is good. The Eagles schedule has been brutal. Along with the tough competition, the schedule timing hasn't been kind either. 

Eagles have gone:

Monday at KC

Sunday 4:30 game vs Buffalo (was early Sunday game the week before)

Sunday 4:30 game vs SF (off since Thanksgiving)

Sunday 8:30 PM at Dallas (off since the previous Thursday)

Monday at Seattle

• Like 1