2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

For the next 6 minutes….and if they get in, then what?  Garbage Minshew going to lead them to the SB?

Who knows but you play to win the game. Tanking are for losers if you have a chance to win in that year. There will be 4 or 5 teams at 7-6 today. Going into today the Colts had one less loss than the great KC Chiefs

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who knows but you play to win the game. Tanking are for losers if you have a chance to win in that year. There will be 4 or 5 teams at 7-6 today. Going into today the Colts had one less loss than the great KC Chiefs

You’re right.  The differences between Mahomes and Minshew are indiscernible.

2 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

You’re right.  The differences between Mahomes and Minshew are indiscernible.

Never said that but the teams records are very similar. I can't believe any fans would be upset that the Colts has a chance to make the playoffs. I would never think of my team tanking until the season is pretty much over. Until you know you aren't going to win and make the playoffs you play to win

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Get that tanking BS out of here.

Why, what would the Colts get by making the Playoffs and losing the first game?  I get it’s too late now, but the season was sealed when Minshew was named the starter.  I’d much rather have traded this season for a shot at starting ARich, JT, and MHjr next year.  By the way, got any plans this week?  I can meet you in Indy and we’d have a pretty good chance of being starters in the secondary next week.  :coffee:

• Confused 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Colts beat themselves today....and that hold on the Moss TD was suspect. Still can and should win out.

My Bears....love what I saw from everyone not named Luke Getsy. 

Jacksonville just scored down 4 and they went for 2. I'm sure someone can explain to me why I don't understand that.

I will give Flus credit on this one. Bears should have beaten Denver/Detroit (1st time) but they got ultra conservative and played not to lose. They kept applying pressure on defense today and it paid off. Maybe he is learning. They were even throwing that mid range pass that Fields had DJ wide open cutting across but overthrew it. Flus has the defense (after acquiring Sweat) well. I'm definitely not sold on keeping him yet, but the players do seem to respect him. I like him as a DC for sure.

Getsy still sucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I will give Flus credit on this one. Bears should have beaten Denver/Detroit (1st time) but they got ultra conservative and played not to lose. They kept applying pressure on defense today and it paid off. Maybe he is learning. They were even throwing that mid range pass that Fields had DJ wide open cutting across but overthrew it. Flus has the defense (after acquiring Sweat) well. I'm definitely not sold on keeping him yet, but the players do seem to respect him. I like him as a DC for sure.

Getsy still sucks.

Amazing how much better a secondary can look with a pass rush huh? DJ Moore with zero targets in first half. Of course Getsy will blame 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

Why, what would the Colts get by making the Playoffs and losing the first game?  I get it’s too late now, but the season was sealed when Minshew was named the starter.  I’d much rather have traded this season for a shot at starting ARich, JT, and MHjr next year.  By the way, got any plans this week?  I can meet you in Indy and we’d have a pretty good chance of being starters in the secondary next week.  :coffee:

giphy.gif

I have zero tolerance in favortism by officials in the sports-world.  There is no chance the officials are this incompetent.  Whether it's the officials playing favorite or direction by the league itself, the Cowboys have already been declared winners of this game as long as they don't give it away.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I have zero tolerance in favortism by officials in the sports-world.  There is no chance the officials are this incompetent.  Whether it's the officials playing favorite or direction by the league itself, the Cowboys have already been declared winners of this game as long as they don't give it away.  

Appreciate this post! While I am a biased fan, this has been horrible.