2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Pitt fans not understanding how defenseless player rules work is pretty comical. 

Seriously…they remember Vontaze Burfict and his hit on Antonio Brown.  Cost Burfict $112,000.  Or maybe they remember Hines Ward breaking Bengal linebacker Keith Rivers’ jaw on a blindside crack back block.  SMFH…boy I hated that SOB.  He laughed about it.

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So Colts win out and Jacksonville loses this weekend at Tampa and the Colts are hosting a playoff game? Just like everyone drew it up when AR went down and JT missing start and subsequent games to injury.

What a staff.

The Jags are broke...just like the Eagles.

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Dougie G is NOT where I go for my NFL info 😄

Yeah, that's an extreme take, for sure. With that said, I also don't think Purdy should be the MVP. 

I get it, he's has a great year and plays the most important position on the best team. 

I also understand that every team is going to struggle when they're missing their best players, as the 49ers lost 3 straight without Deebo, their LT, and I think McCaffery missed time too. 

But, that's the point, while Purdy has been excellent, those other guys are their best players. 

I'll use my Eagles as an example. If I had to choose between Hurts or AJ Brown, give me Hurts. 

For the 49ers, if I had to choose between Purdy and Deebo, I'll take Deebo and another QB. Same with McCaffery. 

I think Purdy has been excellent and has had a phenomenal season, I personally don't think he should be MVP either. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Yeah, that's an extreme take, for sure. With that said, I also don't think Purdy should be the MVP. 

I get it, he's has a great year and plays the most important position on the best team. 

I also understand that every team is going to struggle when they're missing their best players, as the 49ers lost 3 straight without Deebo, their LT, and I think McCaffery missed time too. 

But, that's the point, while Purdy has been excellent, those other guys are their best players. 

I'll use my Eagles as an example. If I had to choose between Hurts or AJ Brown, give me Hurts. 

For the 49ers, if I had to choose between Purdy and Deebo, I'll take Deebo and another QB. Same with McCaffery. 

I think Purdy has been excellent and has had a phenomenal season, I personally don't think he should be MVP either. 

Purdy isn't the MVP of his own team. CMC is above him by a lot in my eyes. 

But.. I didn't necessarily care about the MVP talk... just kind of funny listening to Dougie G, Stephen A talk football. 

MVP for me would be CMC or Dak, truthfully. 

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Purdy isn't the MVP of his own team. CMC is above him by a lot in my eyes. 

But.. I didn't necessarily care about the MVP talk... just kind of funny listening to Dougie G, Stephen A talk football. 

MVP for me would be CMC or Dak, truthfully. 

Yeah, was using your post as a jumpoff to the MVP thing. Because ESPN is all over it. 

I'd probably go McCaffrey and Lamar Jackson at this point with Dak 3rd. But, I'm a biased Eagles fan that can't pick a Cowboy 🤣

• Like 1

Here's the thing on Purdy that people don't understand.  He's the perfect fit for that system.  If you put Purdy on the Chiefs, would he lift them up like Mahomes does?  No.  At the same time, if you put Josh Allen on the 49ers, would he be as good in that system as Purdy is?  I don't think so.

I take Purdy over Deebo in his value to the 49ers.  But, I take CMC over Purdy.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@BGleas makes more sense now. AJ Brown still wasn't at fault. 

Watching the game live, they kept calling him a "staffer", but I was thinking he looked more like a player. 

I think this was a non issue, but I also think the Eagles-49ers thing was a non-issue and completely blown out of proportion. 

I think I heard this stat correctly. In the History of the NFL no team has had a season where their wr or rb failed to get 100 yards in a game all season long.

This year we have two contestants. First the Patriots but the second is the one that surprised me....the Packers.

You would think with busted coverages or whatever somebody could get to a hundred yards as a WR in Green Bay. Guess not.