2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I was scoreboard watching this game all day...and then Cardinals won too. Glad they sealed the #1 pick this week so I don't have to worry about it next week. Now we can debate for 4 months about what they should do with it ha.

Trade it to Washington for this years first, next years first, and the second you gave for Sweat back. 

Bengals just got victimized by the worst intentional grounding call I have ever seen.  Effectively eliminates their season.  Browning gets hit while throwing.  The pass goes past the line of scrimmage.  Mixon is within 6-7 yards of the ball.  And, they throw the flag 3 minutes after the play is over.  

I'll just say this. As most know I'm a Bears guy first but have cheered for the Colts since moving to Indy 25 years ago. This staff and crew have done a phenomenal job. Injuries being one. Players suspended or whatever being another....but week in and out this team looks good. Still lacking in the talent department but I see bright things ahead for Colts/Steichen.

PS...no data to back this up but I feel like on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 Steichen has to lead the league in pass attempts and I love it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Pass defense wasn't very good today. He sat back in the soft zone most of the game

Actually the pass defense was great. They gave up 13 points today, other than the punt block blunder. 

Other than the two rookies that struggled guarding the perennial all pro.. Davante Adams. I had no clue yardage mattered though. Raiders had 13 points with 1 min to go in the game.... 13. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Actually the pass defense was great. They gave up 13 points today, other than the punt block blunder. 

I guess we see things differently 

O'Connell was 30/47 299 2 TD's 0 int.  The same QB that last week was 9/21 fro 100 yards and didn't complete a pass after the first quarter 

Edited by IU Scott

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess we see things differently 

O'Connell was 30/47 299 2 TD's 0 int.  The same QB that last week was 9/21 fro 100 yards and didn't complete a pass after the first quarter 

Yeah, we do see things differently if you have an issue with 13 points. 

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, we do see things differently if you have an issue with 13 points. 

20 points, still could have stopped them after the penalty. Could at least held them to a FG. I just don't like how he just set back in the zone in the 4th quarter and let the Raiders drive right down the field twice

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

20 points, still could have stopped them after the penalty. Could at least held them to a FG. I just don't like how he just set back in the zone in the 4th quarter and let the Raiders drive right down the field twice

You'd preferred man on Davante Adams? 👍

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Other than the two rookies that struggled guarding the perennial all pro.. Davante Adams. I had no clue yardage mattered though. Raiders had 13 points with 1 min to go in the game.... 13. 

No Moore didn’t help a bit. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah, let them score with 43 seconds left. The Colts did a masterful job in working the clock and making sure that even if LV did recover the onside kick, they had little time and no timeouts.

Nothing wrong with giving up the short gains to make the opponent use up the clock