2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand for sure but I just don't see him lasting long. Shoot one dark horse (maybe 2nd round if he falls) is Tampa. 

Keep Baker for another year or 2 and transition the hometown kid in down the road. Like you said though NFL teams have that fear of missing out thing down pat....someone like even Atlanta might reach as high as 9.

Penix isn't that big of a deal to me in regards to the Colts, to be clear. I don't care if they even draft a QB.... my premise was, or I meant to make it more clear, if Penix were to drop, I'd love to get him in the 4th. If there is no chance he's there in the 4th, no problem with no getting him, the Colts have much bigger needs in the first 3 rounds. 

But dear god, I just... NFL teams have taken Jamarcus Russell #1, Baker Mayfield #1, Johnny Manziel 1st rd, Kenny Pickett 1st rd... and that's just off the top of my head. I don't think Penix would be any more of a mistake than those guys lol 

I just can't imagine picking Penix before Williams, Maye, JJ McCarthy, Daniels... past that, I don't think any of those guys deserve to go in the first round. I didn't realize Jordan Travis spent a year at UL? and was just as old as Penix. Had no clue haha

• Like 2

Just now, btownqb said:

Penix isn't that big of a deal to me in regards to the Colts, to be clear. I don't care if they even draft a QB.... my premise was, or I meant to make it more clear, if Penix were to drop, I'd love to get him in the 4th. If there is no chance he's there in the 4th, no problem with no getting him, the Colts have much bigger needs in the first 3 rounds. 

But dear god, I just... NFL teams have taken Jamarcus Russell #1, Baker Mayfield #1, Johnny Manziel 1st rd, Kenny Pickett 1st rd... and that's just off the top of my head. I don't think Penix would be any more of a mistake than those guys lol 

I just can't imagine picking Penix before Williams, Maye, JJ McCarthy, Daniels... past that, I don't think any of those guys deserve to go in the first round. I didn't realize Jordan Travis spent a year at UL? and was just as old as Penix. Had no clue haha

When the season started I was just hoping Penix could earn some NFL $. Even with his Heisman type season I'm still not a believer at my core but man he's found some arm strength. I just know somebody out there will take him.

I think he would thrive in some fast paced wide open offense. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

When the season started I was just hoping Penix could earn some NFL $. Even with his Heisman type season I'm still not a believer at my core but man he's found some arm strength. I just know somebody out there will take him.

I think he would thrive in some fast paced wide open offense. 

With RPOs and getting the ball out quick and accurately. Kinda why I liked him in the Colts offense. Like I think he can do everything Minshew does with more arm strength. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 2:34 PM, Seeking6 said:

Gotta love the NFL man. They don't shake or give into anything. Brad Allen and his crew from Cowboys/Lions game are assigned the Steelers/Ravens game Saturday. Spotlight again. 

That game is almsot meaningless. Pittsburgh has to win and Bills lose to make playoffs. With Baltimore resting everyone I doubt it will be close enough for the refs to effect much.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

These 23-24 year old qbs still playing college football because of Covid years and redshirts etc really can distort things a lot. Some of the guys you mentioned had already been traded or out of the league by 23-24 years of age. Playing against 18-19 year old boys im sure those others would look even more impressive had they been still playing college football. 

Penix injury history I think he will end up like Hooker….second rd pick to someone that is still iffy on their qb situation but has no plans to start a rookie.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

Also.. not knowing what Steichen thinks of Ehlinger... and who knows where Minshew ends up after the year (I'd love to just bring him back)...

I'd have no issue drafting Penix 4th rd or later. 

You’re nuts if you think Penix will be available to the Colts even in the first round. 4th round is just a total disrespect to the player he has become 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You’re nuts if you think Penix will be available to the Colts even in the first round. 4th round is just a total disrespect to the player he has become 

Yeah well QBs that aren't quick and have had 3 major season ending injuries are a non-starter for me. Take him in the first, just won't be the Colts. 

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

These 23-24 year old qbs still playing college football because of Covid years and redshirts etc really can distort things a lot. Some of the guys you mentioned had already been traded or out of the league by 23-24 years of age. Playing against 18-19 year old boys im sure those others would look even more impressive had they been still playing college football. 

Penix injury history I think he will end up like Hooker….second rd pick to someone that is still iffy on their qb situation but has no plans to start a rookie.

Yep..agree. 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

I thought you were a better evaluator of football players than this.

Penix plays in a system more similar to pro ball than any of the other quarterback prospects mentioned in the first round. He throws better deep balls than any of them.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I thought you were a better evaluator of football players than this.

Penix plays in a system more similar to pro ball than any of the other quarterback prospects mentioned in the first round. He throws better deep balls than any of them.

The Colts shouldn't take him before the 4th. 

Wasn't sure which one to throw this in so I'll just go with NFL. Why am I just becoming aware of Isaac Guerendo at Louisville?? 6'1 225 and runs a 4.34 40?? From here in state, played at Sconny and still just didn't know about him.

That size and speed? I'll take a chance on him in the late rounds.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't sure which one to throw this in so I'll just go with NFL. Why am I just becoming aware of Isaac Guerendo at Louisville?? 6'1 225 and runs a 4.34 40?? From here in state, played at Sconny and still just didn't know about him.

State 100m champ, finished 2nd in the 200m and long jump, as well. 

We recruited him last season in the portal and he visited. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

The Bears could use him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I think there is a whole lot of CJ Stroud fanboying going on out there. 

And I like him too. Said on here and elsewhere I thought he should have been the #1 last year but road favorite in a win and get in game seems odd. Oh well. Guess that's why they play the games.