2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just now, DC2345 said:

Well now it's coming out that several teams have Herbert higher rated that Burrow. I wonder if that's possibly the Bengals floating that out there since they might be looking at other options since Burrow doesn't seem bought in to make him sound more justifiable if they'd pick him instead. 

All day long. The BS deciphering/meter better be working between now and draft day. Time of the year when journalists get used to float all sorts of stuff.

For those that post regularly in this thread know I'm a Bears guy. For other Bears fans keep an eye on Jacob Eason. Our GM Ryan Pace as most know has a don't talk about us in public before draft philosophy with players they have an interest in. Eason gave a sort of uncomfortable answer yesterday about Bears that suggests he maybe met privately with them already here in Indy. Something to consider and think on. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For those that post regularly in this thread know I'm a Bears guy. For other Bears fans keep an eye on Jacob Eason. Our GM Ryan Pace as most know has a don't talk about us in public before draft philosophy with players they have an interest in. Eason gave a sort of uncomfortable answer yesterday about Bears that suggests he maybe met privately with them already here in Indy. Something to consider and think on. 

Pace said yesterday that Trubisky was the starter next year and that he had confidence in him...

Don't know what to think at this point, but I'd say creating real competition for Mitch is a really good thing...one way or the other...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pace said yesterday that Trubisky was the starter next year and that he had confidence in him...

Don't know what to think at this point, but I'd say creating real competition for Mitch is a really good thing...one way or the other...

Yep. I listened to him say the correct February comments. Problem is I don't trust a thing he ever says so I have to go to players and read their body language. Such transparency. Haha. At least with Ballard (who I very much like) you know where things stand. He's open. 

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

But which one?

First pick is at 43 unless Pace wants to trade up again and maybe package our 43 and 50 to move up earlier in 2nd round if he thinks his QB is available?

Problem is we need a corner, another Olineman, probably another WR and of course since we spent our 2nd round pick 3 years ago on a TE who has caught 2 passes since....probably need a TE too. We don't have cap space to go after Hooper....so I can't see us trading multiple 2nd round picks for 1 guy when we have multiple needs.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

JMV said all.the NFL guys are saying Rivers to Colts is going to happen but he heard from a very reliable source as he says that there is 0 chance that happens.