2023 NFL Discussion

rico

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Time to tamper! Betting sites say Tampa is clear cut favorite to land Brady. Curious if Brady and his old buddy Peyton have discussed Arians....who is widely recognized as one the best with QB's in the game.

I just can't see Brady going to a team like Tampa Bay and I still think he will go back to the Pats.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wondering what he will get because at one time they thought he might get around 30Mil

No clue but that seems to be around the number most are getting. I would say $25M with incentives to push. I still don't believe it yet because that would require our GM in hiding actually admitting the biggest draft day mistake in decades.

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue but that seems to be around the number most are getting. I would say $25M with incentives to push. I still don't believe it yet because that would require our GM in hiding actually admitting the biggest draft day mistake in decades.

If they sign him would they keep Trubisky or let him go.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Texans just traded WR Hopkins to the Cardinals for RB David Johnson.  As a Colts fan I love this trade but what a dumb move for the Texans.

What planet are they living on in Houston? A city and team looking for good sports teams and they send Hopkins packing?? Makes zero sense. Most fantasy leagues would veto this move.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What planet are they living on in Houston? A city and team looking for good sports teams and they send Hopkins packing?? Makes zero sense. Most fantasy leagues would veto this move.

I know they wouldn't have traded him in division but if I were the colts I would had offered  Marlon Mack.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know they wouldn't have traded him in division but if I were the colts I would had offered  Marlon Mack.

Hopkins wants crazy money in his next deal (understandably so). More than the Texans wanted to give. Trading now gave Houston a little more leverage.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If I'm a Texans fan you basically traded away Clowney and Hopkins for a couple washed up guys and a few picks. Bravo O'Brien. You've made the Colts path easier.

Just now, ephul said:

Hopkins wants crazy money in his next deal (understandably so). More than the Texans wanted to give. Trading now gave Houston a little more leverage.

They still had him under contract for a few years unless he said he isn't showing up....there's no way to make this trade. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

They still had him under contract for a few years unless he said he isn't showing up....there's no way to make this trade. 

Not saying I agree with it. But that's what I read. Arizona is going to shell out money that Houston wouldn't.

So you could be right.... He may have been threatening to sit out, and Houston decided to just send him away before it could be seen as Houston HAVING to deal him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Now with Hopkins to Arizona the Colts can find a QB as a bridge (if they don't believe in Jacoby), draft one of the 3 studs at WR who will now be there at 13 and maybe find their future QB in 2nd round or with all of their picks trade up and get him. Amazing what one move can do.

right now ESPN is saying the Colts are expressing interest in Rivers

Wow. Colts trade 13th pick to 49ers and get all Pro Stud DL in Deforest Buckner from 49ers. That fills a pretty big need.

Edit-Ballard practicing what he preaches. Wants the line so strong. OLine already one of the best....but now with Buckner, Leonard, Hooker on Colts D? Just need to find the resources and draft capital to get QB and another WR. 

Edited by Seeking6

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw a report that the bears are focused on acquiring Foles or Dalton and did not say anything about Bridgewater.

Foles-younger $5 million per

Dalton-older $16 million per

No doubt in my mind who the Mizers of the Midway are pursuing harder...

Big time coin we're going to  be shelling out for Buckner. Guess you get what you pay for. 

Is a FA QB (Rivers) inevitable? I'm guessing a developmental prospect with upside is a must in draft regardless.

Despite the Buckner move, I wouldn't be opposed to upgrading the outside pass rush. Yes, WR is a clear position of extreme need. How about upgrading Glowinski on OL?

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, the Colts trade makes me think they were eyeing a DL with the #13 pick anyway.

Houston is a poorly ran organization.

If I was a FA QB that was looking at the Bears I would have all kinds of questions concerning the offensive scheme.

I thought all along they were going to draft a DT or a WR with their 1st round pick.  I love this trade because Buckner more than likely will be better than any player you would have gotten with the 13th pick.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought all along they were going to draft a DT or a WR with their 1st round pick.  I love this trade because Buckner more than likely will be better than any player you would have gotten with the 13th pick.

Now we sit and wait for the draft...and to see how the QB situation is handled.

• Like 1