Around the B1G/NCAA

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday turned out to be a rough day in the neighborhood for Wisconsin, as well as their fans.  Their FB team lost the B1G championship, to Ohio State, in Indianapolis..... and their BB team lost their B1G conference home opener to Ohio State, as well.   Losing a home BB opener for Wisconsin has not happened, in like forever.  Well... at least lately.   LOL

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Saturday turned out to be a rough day in the neighborhood for Wisconsin, as well as their fans.  Their FB team lost the B1G championship, to Ohio State, in Indianapolis..... and their BB team lost their B1G conference home opener to Ohio State, as well.   Losing a home BB opener for Wisconsin has not happened, in like forever.  Well... at least lately.   LOL

As much as they have owned us in both sports it's hard for me to feel bad for them. Welcome to our recent world!

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Yes, the basketball opener was an 83-58 blow out.  Has Wisky been exposed?  Has Tony Bennett been spotted in Madison looking for a home?

Wisconsin wins a close one at Penn St. Two things. How many years until Chambers delivers or wins these type of games? Second...for a school that routinely gets 100k into football stadium I find it almost impossible to and embarrassing for Penn St they can't get more than 3,000 at a game? Monday night or no. Finals week or no. That looked awful.

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wisconsin wins a close one at Penn St. Two things. How many years until Chambers delivers or wins these type of games? Second...for a school that routinely gets 100k into football stadium I find it almost impossible to and embarrassing for Penn St they can't get more than 3,000 at a game? Monday night or no. Finals week or no. That looked awful.

Penn State fans would probably say the same thing about our football team.  Can’t blame them, the student bodies at both schools know there’s only one team worth caring about.

Agree with you on Chambers though.  It seems like every year it’s “watch out for Penn State,” and every year they continue to suck.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Appears that Wisconsin is just about as inconsistent as IU this year.

5 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Penn State fans would probably say the same thing about our football team.  Can’t blame them, the student bodies at both schools know there’s only one team worth caring about.

Agree with you on Chambers though.  It seems like every year it’s “watch out for Penn State,” and every year they continue to suck.

They would be silly to make that comparison. You could take three sold out Assembly Hall's and fill Memorial Stadium or you could take 1/7th of PSU football fans and sell out a basketball game. The analogy is a little off. 

37 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

They would be silly to make that comparison. You could take three sold out Assembly Hall's and fill Memorial Stadium or you could take 1/7th of PSU football fans and sell out a basketball game. The analogy is a little off. 

Analogy might not be perfect, but my point was that Penn State is a football school with a historically bad basketball program, while IU is a basketball school with a historically bad football program.  That’s why PSU football and IU basketball games are well-attended, while PSU basketball and IU football games aren’t.

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree. I was hoping I didn't need to make my original point with caveat please don't tell they would say the same about us and football. Guess not. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

News flash: Fans don’t show up to watch losing programs.  Who would’ve thought?

You're comparing filling 60-75% of a 50k capacity stadium to filling 25-50% of a 15k capacity stadium. Sure, our support could be better for football but it's not the same. 

41 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

If only we weren't playing ND in our own personal house of horrors. Maybe Archie will turn the Bankers Life luck around.

We actually haven’t been that bad in the Crossroads Classic.  3-3 since it started, with the only really bad loss being when we were #1 and lost to Butler.

Archived