Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Please tell me how the sexual orientation of your governor is at all germane to this conversation other than dog-whistling your obvious homophobia and ignorance?

Thank you for asking.  Was just representing our governor, for those who may not have known.  Only an attempt to spread information to those that may not have known. It was a positive. Not  the negative that you took it to be. It's a shame that you took it any other way. Talking about ignorance ? Wow.

I honestly don't appreciate your calling me out, for this. Obviously, your response says more about you than me.   But that is up to you. 

And if that is what has brought you to join our forum.  Good for you.  Hope to see more from you in the future.  Let's join hands together, and root for IU.

Not off to a good start, IHMO.  But will be hoping to see more from you in the future

Edited by milehiiu

https://www.dailycelebuk.com/News/Doctor-treating-coronavirus-patients-in-LA-suburb-calls-for-schools-to-shut-down-immediately.html?W4 Look I’m not advocating panic but be cautious and prepared because  this virus is not just a threat to old and kids. This doctor/hospital is close to where I live and what this doctor is saying is frightening for me since the close proximity of it all anyways hope everyone stays safe and also remember to not become savages like it is here right now people are panicking but it doesn’t  give u the right to be rude and racist which is going on here.

Edited by Calihoosier

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Please tell me how the sexual orientation of your governor is at all germane to this conversation other than dog-whistling your obvious homophobia and ignorance?

So the governor of Colorado is from Germany?  

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, rico said:

The hysteria is real.  Schools shut down for influenza generally when ~30% are sick with it.  30,000+ have died in just the US from flu this flu season.  What's the worldwide count now for COVID-19 over the last 3+ months?  Around 4,000 last I checked (I realize this number grows daily).  This is silly. 

16 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

The hysteria is real.  Schools shut down for influenza generally when ~30% are sick with it.  30,000+ have died in just the US from flu this flu season.  What's the worldwide count now for COVID-19 over the last 3+ months?  Around 4,000 last I checked (I realize this number grows daily).  This is silly. 

Silly or not, it is upon us and the hysteria is running like a wild fire.  I understand trying to control the spread especially among the elderly and the frail.  But runs at the stores on toilet paper and such?

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well they are passing out hand sanitizers today and looked on the back and they were made in China so I don't know if I should use it LOL!

Not only that. But nearly 100% of the pharmceuticals sold in the US, are manufactured in China.

Can You Make Your Own Hand Sanitizer?

How to make hand sanitizer 

Edited by milehiiu

You know, to be honest, I'm not worried about this at all...

Mortality rate is less than 1% so far...if I get sick, I get sick...but I'm not gonna change my life for it...I would stay home if I did get sick, just out of compassion for others...

Maybe that's said with the shortsighted view of someone who has more days behind them than they do in front of them, but that's how I feel...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You know, to be honest, I'm not worried about this at all...

Mortality rate is less than 1% so far...if I get sick, I get sick...but I'm not gonna change my life for it...I would stay home if I did get sick, just out of compassion for others...

Maybe that's said with the shortsighted view of someone who has more days behind them than they do in front of them, but that's how I feel...

I saw the Surgeon General today on the tube...he threw out that 1% number.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

I saw the Surgeon General today on the tube...he threw out that 1% number.

Threw out as in said it was wrong, or just threw out the info?

I was going by reported world wide cases (124,968 cases and 4585 deaths = .03% and in the US 1109 cases and 31 deaths = .027%)...

Edited by IUFLA

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Threw out as in said it was wrong, or just threw out the info?

I was going by reported world wide cases (124,968 cases and 4585 deaths = .03% and in the US 1109 cases and 31 deaths = .027%)...

No, your "stat" is what he said.  It was on the Dr. Oz show and he was a guest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CincyHoosier said:

So, when someone that you know becomes I'll and needs to go to a hospital, but there are no beds available or no nurses available because the system is overwhelmed...then tell me this is silly.  But you probably don't believe the folks telling us that this scenario is possible.

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So, when someone that you know becomes I'll and needs to go to a hospital, but there are no beds available or no nurses available because the system is overwhelmed...then tell me this is silly.  But you probably don't believe the folks telling us that this scenario is possible.

Hospitals get overwhelmed with flu patients too.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

Hospitals get overwhelmed with flu patients too.  

True...some are at capacity right now.  So, if we have a spike, as some medical folks believe we will, what happens then?  It's the sheer numbers that have people concerned.