TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

20 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I haven't paid much attention to political bent to be honest. Flower is the total embodiment of my second wife. Brings back so many memories.

The slut stock broker is totally a co-worker of mine. He'd hump a shopping cart even if someone else was pushing it.

We have a coworker who reminds us of Flower. They are all hilarious in their own right truth be told. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My wife and I have been watching The Chosen. We are about through the first season, but seasons 2 and 3 are not on Netflix, so will have to find them elsewhere. IMO, the best depiction of Christ's life that I have seen. 

It's absolutely incredible.   The byu TV app has all the seasons no commercials no sign in.  Evidently BYU has a "Jerusalem" set and much of the filming was done on those grounds, so that's the Mormon connection.  

On 3/29/2023 at 12:12 PM, NotIThatLives said:

It's absolutely incredible.   The byu TV app has all the seasons no commercials no sign in.  Evidently BYU has a "Jerusalem" set and much of the filming was done on those grounds, so that's the Mormon connection.  

i found it on Amazon Prime without the commercials. Just about done with season 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first episode of The Night Agent on Netflix.  Didn't realize it until 5 minutes of the show, but it's based on a book I read a while back, I believe during or right before the pandemic.  If Episode #1 is any indication, it's going to be great.  I vaguely remember the book, but am fuzzy on many of the details.  9 more episodes in Season 1, and I read where it was renewed for another.  

• Like 2

Some entertainment news: the actors union (SAG-AFTRA) joined the writers union (WGA) by going on strike yesterday. This will have huge repercussions on the industry, and will most certainly impact the timing/production of new shows & movies.

Actors and writers want fair pay and protections (much like college NIL, they want fair compensation for their likeness; and not have AI-generated content used to bypass their need/contracts, to name one example).

The AMPTP is the group that represents the studios/networks (Netflix, Disney, Warner Bros Discovery, etc.) and they are trying to say that us creatives are "unrealistic" and asking for "too much" by wanting stability and living wages.

BTW, Bob Iger (CEO of Disney) makes roughly $76K... A DAY.

This is going to be an interesting, if not down and dirty, fight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 10:29 AM, MoyeCowbell said:

BTW, Bob Iger (CEO of Disney) makes roughly $76K... A DAY.

Yes.  And no.  Potentially, yes.  His base salary is $1m ($2.7k per day).  He has long-term incentives that could potentially value $25m, but that takes time to vest, of which there are no guarantees.  Not saying you are wrong in your assertion, just saying there is more to the story then him cashing a $76k daily check. 

Edited by Naturalhoosier

On 7/14/2023 at 10:00 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Been watching on Hulu, but History Channel has a series called Food that built America.   Some pretty interesting episodes 

We added a Samsung TV (no cable) for football season and on channel 1241 it shows Kitchen Nightmares 24 hours a day. I honestly love the food business and have been hooked watching for about 3 weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Almost done with season #3 of Fauda on Netflix. Does a great job delving into the Israel / Palestinian conflict. I like shows that have an element of history to it. A gripping series with that helps you better understand the history of the Middle East

Haven’t watched Fauda yet but did watch the movie Hit and Run with the same actor. Another good movie!

On 7/14/2023 at 9:00 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Been watching on Hulu, but History Channel has a series called Food that built America.   Some pretty interesting episodes 

I recorded all these direct from the History channel. I watched 1 episode every morning while eating breakfast.

Easy watch, very informative and interesting stuff. I definitely recommend it.

I learned the very first restaurant to actually sell the chic fil a sandwich was a dang waffle house. They stopped selling it because it outsold everyrhing else they had and felt it was hurting their brand identity.

I love those kind of back stories.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 3:11 PM, bluegrassIU said:

I recorded all these direct from the History channel. I watched 1 episode every morning while eating breakfast.

Easy watch, very informative and interesting stuff. I definitely recommend it.

I learned the very first restaurant to actually sell the chic fil a sandwich was a dang waffle house. They stopped selling it because it outsold everyrhing else they had and felt it was hurting their brand identity.

I love those kind of back stories.

I especially liked the episode on Gatorade. They experimented with it on the freshman team. Until they figured out how to flavor it they were literally drinking pee. 

I've been drinking a lot of gatorlyte and you can definitely taste the salts. It's good though.