OT: Rick Pitino files federal lawsuit against ULAA , and on12/15... UL Countersues.

milehiiu

I know something about business law.  But my question is this.  Isn't he opening himself up to cross examination ?  Or is that something he does not have to worry about, in the case ? The reason I say this, is when he sued Karen Sypher, Rick had to admit that he not only had an affair with her, but gave her money for an abortion. 

Or maybe he is hoping for a settlement.  

15 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I know something about business law.  But my question is this.  Isn't he opening himself up to cross examination ?  Or is that something he does not have to worry about, in the case ? The reason I say this, is when he sued Karen Sypher, Rick had to admit that he not only had an affair with her, but gave her money for an abortion. 

Or maybe he is hoping for a settlement.  

Yes, he could be deposed by the defendant in pre-trial proceedings.  A deposition is sworn testimony of a witness (or party) taken out of court with both lawyers present.  The scope of the questions do have limits but often they can be wide ranging.  Pitino is questioning whether the procedural promises of the university in firing him were properly met.  His attorneys will argue that this limits the scope of his deposition.  The university attorneys will no doubt be interested in a more wide ranging scope.

His case looks flimsy.  I would hope that the university would not settle.  My understanding is that they gave the ten day notice and then fired him.  If he is arguing he was effectively fired prior to the ten days being up, then I would argue that opens the door to the actual content of his actions and knowledge of shenanigans at the university. 

Regarding changes after hooker gate, he's in charge of the basketball program.  That's why he is paid millions.  When he and his staff are implicated, it's the fox guarding the hen house.  The buck should have stopped with him.  For him to make an excuse that he was following university guidelines, that is weak.  

I have no skin in the game but I don't think Pitino has much of any of a case.

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

If anyone went to a Dictionary looking for the definitions of ARROGANT , NARCISSISTIC ,EGO , or Maniac , or  JACKASS , I bet you would find a Photo of Prick Pitino beside every one of those words ,VBG !!

His photo would probably be right next to Bob Knight's.

Did anybody catch the fired Louisville AD interviewed on ESPN yesterday? It was honestly disgraceful. The reporter asked him if it’s dangerous having the shoe companies so involved with programs since they would then have a vested interest in certain programs being good and getting the best players. im paraphrasing but Jurich basically said it never occurred to him that the shoe companies would want  certain programs to do well and he really believes this is all about one rogue employee at Adidas. 

He was then asked about the hooker scandal and also said that it also was a rogue assistant and he didn’t see how anyone should have known, and basically that they handled it well. Then he was asked why he got fired and he said it was because some new trustees on their board wanted him out so they could bring “their” guy in  

It was shameful and he came off as either delusional or just a scumbag liar. Well, I guess both. I hope another school doesn’t hire him. Guys like that are what is wrong with college sports. At least acknowledge that the shoe company thing is a conflict, etc. 

21 hours ago, BGleas said:

Did anybody catch the fired Louisville AD interviewed on ESPN yesterday? It was honestly disgraceful. The reporter asked him if it’s dangerous having the shoe companies so involved with programs since they would then have a vested interest in certain programs being good and getting the best players. im paraphrasing but Jurich basically said it never occurred to him that the shoe companies would want  certain programs to do well and he really believes this is all about one rogue employee at Adidas. 

He was then asked about the hooker scandal and also said that it also was a rogue assistant and he didn’t see how anyone should have known, and basically that they handled it well. Then he was asked why he got fired and he said it was because some new trustees on their board wanted him out so they could bring “their” guy in  

It was shameful and he came off as either delusional or just a scumbag liar. Well, I guess both. I hope another school doesn’t hire him. Guys like that are what is wrong with college sports. At least acknowledge that the shoe company thing is a conflict, etc. 

Jurich used to be considered a top flight AD and desired by many programs.  I don't think that is the case any more. 

As I remember it didn't his daughter work for Addidas?

Just a clueless guy.

Archived