IU/Michigan game thread

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

I feel like Tom Crean is still our coach today; getting out-coached with X's and O's.  Every time they screen, we double-team the ball, and they hit the screener as he rolls to the basket. Every single time--watch it. Did Archie catch on? Apparently not--never called a timeout to correct it.  And on offense--we stayed in the game with a VERY LONG AND TALL Duke because we got the ball inside. And against a relatively small Michigan we CANNOT get the ball inside. 

Archie is getting out-coached today.  Oh, and RoJo needs to be benched.  Lazy everywhere.

Not sure what you're watching. All we are doing is going into the post.

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Think our main lineup needs to be Johnson, Green, Hartman, Morgan and Davis. Green controls the ball and feeds the post.

I would also like to see Hartman at the 3 - but I don't think he's played a single minute there this year. Not even against that huge lineup Duke put out the other night. Our guards are not good, why are we wedded to the 3 guard lineup?

The other side effect of Hartman only playing the 4 is limited minutes for Justin Smith, a guy I think we all like going forward. I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, CSprings Hoosier said:

I feel like Tom Crean is still our coach today; getting out-coached with X's and O's.  Every time they screen, we double-team the ball, and they hit the screener as he rolls to the basket. Every single time--watch it. Did Archie catch on? Apparently not--never called a timeout to correct it.  And on offense--we stayed in the game with a VERY LONG AND TALL Duke because we got the ball inside. And against a relatively small Michigan we CANNOT get the ball inside. 

Archie is getting out-coached today.  Oh, and RoJo needs to be benched.  Lazy everywhere.

I think we are over helping and not rotating...Archie has been pissed because of it a couple times. But Crean isnt coming back.

14 minutes ago, KDB said:

I would like to see us run some plays for a Hartman 3 ball, kinda like UM does with Robinson.

The Wolverines are getting too many easy looks by drawing our big out to the top of the key, and we aren't doing well switching to the wings from the high post,. Michigan is setting some solid screens to prevent becoming stagnant. On defense they've played the numbers going physical ,and the refs likely won't call everything against them in their home gym. Bottom line is Indiana is working harder , and not executing high percentage chances .I guess it could be worse if we were bombing away from 3 and missing, and if Morgan wasn't out there, but there is a lot of time left. Hopefully they'll execute and make Michigan work harder for what they get in the 2nd half.! 

4 minutes ago, BTown24 said:

So IU fires a coach whose teams played no defense, and hires one who can't teach offense. Maybe the next coach (in a year or two) will be somewhere in the middle? Glass is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

What are you talking about ?  The offense itself looks fine.. They're not executing it. IU is getting tons of chances at the rim and wasting them!. Kind of cheap bringing the coaching change into question before Miller gets his own kids in there, and 1/3 of the way into season 1. 

Archived