Comic relief

12 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

These news anchors are not dumb.

Agree completely with your overall point. However, after a serious tornado hit southern Indiana an Indianapolis TV station sent a team, including the anchor, down to cover the story. The anchor while interviewing a power company worker asked him if they had gotten the internet back online. That was the last of the worries for a devastated town. The power company guy had a confused look on his face like he couldn't believe what she had just asked him.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

While Biden may claim he isn’t your article directly references (SF, LA, NY) some municipalities are banning them. (California starting in 2030 will no longer be allowed to purchase new gas stoves) New York and Oregon haven similar legislation being proposed and pushed in new buildings etc so it isn’t hard fetched to see where the confusion has started especially with how the govt handled the report. Whether it is Biden or not states are trying to do it so if you want to keep buying gas stoves or you enjoy gas cooked food in many of your fine dining restaurants well you have a choice to push back. May not effect too many people but I don’t blame those that don’t like it for being vocal. A lot of things on the right or left get pushed through without the public being aware or having a say so I’d rather see passion then apathy.

Well said. There are active proposals to ban the sale of gas appliances. The government needs to stay away from picking winners and losers. I want the option of a gas stove and fireplace for my retirement home. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 9:08 PM, mrflynn03 said:

Saw this today from my favorite Italian chef. 

Screenshot_20230205-220522_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f7c2a38f5ac8114586349032265b3154.jpg

Fabio is my favorite chef now as well. Never heard of him until a few months ago. My wife participated in a virtual cooking class of his. I was in the room to sample. Watched a couple of his videos. Like his style.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Fabio is my favorite chef now as well. Never heard of him until a few months ago. My wife participated in a virtual cooking class of his. I was in the room to sample. Watched a couple of his videos. Like his style.

I first saw him when he had video shorts on yahoo about 10 years ago. Made his gourmet popcorn recipe and then some more.  I like his style too. Funny guy. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1