Curtis Jones leaving at Semester..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

I think transfers can happen while both sides realize the fit is not right.  Perhaps that's the case here.

Wish CuJo the best.  Didn't a beat writer predict this on twitter several weeks back?  This isn't a shock.

I think most knew this day was coming. Recruiting Darius and Romeo suggested someone was leaving. Wouldn't be surprised if another leaves. Just the nature of 2017 hoops/players/parents,etc....

Good luck to Curtis! I'll attempt to be as positive as possible on my first post, but is anyone else concerned with a lack of shooting guards on next season's roster? Phinisee, Durham, and Green are point guards, and even in a position-less era, a team that ranks 226th in three-point shooting seems desperate for an injection of talent. If Langford signs, he would appear to be the only shooting guard on the roster, with no backup. I have long-term faith in Archie, but hope he can find elite guards, which seem to be the greatest need in my eyes. Go Hoosiers! 

3 minutes ago, Candystripe said:

Good luck to Curtis! I'll attempt to be as positive as possible on my first post, but is anyone else concerned with a lack of shooting guards on next season's roster? Phinisee, Durham, and Green are point guards, and even in a position-less era, a team that ranks 226th in three-point shooting seems desperate for an injection of talent. If Langford signs, he would appear to be the only shooting guard on the roster, with no backup. I have long-term faith in Archie, but hope he can find elite guards, which seem to be the greatest need in my eyes. Go Hoosiers! 

Archie says he sees Anderson as a big 2 guard not really a sf and Anderson can really shoot.  I have also heard that Hunter at 6'7 is an excellent shooter.

9 minutes ago, Candystripe said:

Welcome to HSN 3.0 !

2 minutes ago, rico said:

This is nothing new to IU basketball.  It has happened my entire lifetime.  Wish him well and hope he doesn't "burn" us somewhere down the road.

I agree, but this chart is crazy.  20 players transferred or dismissed in a 10 year period is a lot.  2 players should not transfer from a program every year

DQJ3mOJUMAAltjz.jpg

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To me this is just an example of kid loving his friends/teammates but realizing more playing time is what he wants and he can get that elsewhere.  Wish him well! Remember Kris Wilkes hung out in Bloomington knowing full well he was headed elsewhere.

To me this is an example of a kid recruited to play one style of ball who was not able/could not/would not adapt to the new regime.

This does not surprise me at all as Crean asked for a different skill set than what CAM emphasizes.

I don't see this as a loss for the program and the term "Creaning" doesn't work here. Cujo wasn't being recruited over. He is leaving because he didn't adapt 

1 minute ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

To me this is an example of skid recruited to play one style of ball who was not able/could not/would not adapt to the new regime.

This does not surprise me at all as Crean asked for a different skill set than what CAM emphasizes.

I don't see this as a loss for the program and the term "Creaning" doesn't work here. Cujo wasn't being recruited over. He is leaving because he didn't adapt 

My name is milehiiu..... and I endorse this post. 

5 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

Archie says he sees Anderson as a big 2 guard not really a sf and Anderson can really shoot.  I have also heard that Hunter at 6'7 is an excellent shooter.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Welcome to HSN 3.0 !

Thanks, milehiiu! In response to bstall76, I would be thrilled to see production from Anderson and Hunter. My fears would be guarding the quickness of other elite guards and ball handling at a level that keeps the team in games. I'm thankful for Phinisee coming in next season and think better days are ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

To me this is an example of a kid recruited to play one style of ball who was not able/could not/would not adapt to the new regime.

Not a loss at all. I was responding to previous post asking why he was at Romeo game. 

11 minutes ago, Candystripe said:

Thanks, milehiiu! In response to bstall76, I would be thrilled to see production from Anderson and Hunter. My fears would be guarding the quickness of other elite guards and ball handling at a level that keeps the team in games. I'm thankful for Phinisee coming in next season and think better days are ahead. 

Call me mile.  All my friends do.  And it is easier to type as well.  LOL

Thanks for jumping on board.

I am wondering.... not that team chemistry has been a major issue..... whether or not we see an overall improvement in team chemistry from here on out.  All it takes is one bad apple....not saying CJ was a bad apple.... but if he was spreading his unhappiness around..... that was not a good thing either.

Honestly I'm sad to see him go, although like others I cant say that I am surprised. I truly believe that Cujo has the talent to play high major D1 ball, it just wasn't working out for him here.  I was really hopeful that we would see some progress this season, but there hasn't been much. And that's fine, CAM's system isn't for everyone, and clearly for Curtis it was not. I wish him nothing but the best and I hope that he finds success wherever he ends up.

It's also worth mentioning that it obviously can't be easy to see a freshman guard getting around 30 minutes a game, when you can barely get off the bench as a sophmore.

4 hours ago, Candystripe said:

Welcome aboard!

4 hours ago, bstall76 said:

I agree, but this chart is crazy.  20 players transferred or dismissed in a 10 year period is a lot.  2 players should not transfer from a program every year

DQJ3mOJUMAAltjz.jpg

Roth?  He doesn't really fit here does he?  He went through Senior Day activities if I recall.  I wouldn't say he was dismissed or transferred/

Archived