MLB Ballpark Rankings

5fouls

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Wrigley is cool.  Definitely was a bucket list item for me.  But, the #1 ballpark?  Nope.

I would put PNC at #1

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-power-rankings-picking-baseballs-best-stadiums-with-wrigley-field-fenway-park-in-top-five/

Cubs fan here and love me some Wrigley but if it's the best the rest of MLB needs to get to work. Awesome neighborhood feel of course, for most part great fans but the park itself is still pretty dated. It's taken about 1 Billion and another Billion in cost overruns to bring things to the 21st century. 

Don't get me wrong I love everything about Wrigley.....but the costs involved always make me ticked. Easier to just head over to Reds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs fan here and love me some Wrigley but if it's the best the rest of MLB needs to get to work. Awesome neighborhood feel of course, for most part great fans but the park itself is still pretty dated. It's taken about 1 Billion and another Billion in cost overruns to bring things to the 21st century. 

Don't get me wrong I love everything about Wrigley.....but the costs involved always make me ticked. Easier to just head over to Reds.

I agree 100%...the guy is so blinded by his fandom...

I love Wrigley, and always loved going when I lived up there but parking, the bathrooms, concessions all sucked compared to more modern venues...not to mention the Wrigley experience can get a little pricey...

I haven't been there since the renovation, but they had a lot of ground to make up...

Sure, history and nostalgia have their places, but all things considered, Wrigley is down a couple notches because of the issues I cited above...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

As long as we don’t have to look at Three Rivers, Veterans Stadium, Riverfront, and the old Busch, I’m happy, lol.  

But, I’m with you on Wrigley.  Great visual for the playing field, but the experience in the stands isn’t great.  When I lived in the city, I could get up there easily.  But from the ‘burbs, it feels like a burden to get in and out of there.  I hope they updated the bathroom. The civil war era communal trough is hardly charming.  

I give Camden Yards tremendous credit for the change in the arc of stadium design.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Camden Yards is my absolute favorite.  I love that park.  PNC Park is gorgeous.  I felt the corridors were a bit narrow (not like old Yankee stadium narrow) but for my tastes narrow.  Coors Field is a great place to see a game.  I also enjoyed Miller Park (best pre-game atmosphere for a random mid-season game I've been to...and the cheese curds in the park were delish!).  Target Field is also very cozy...felt smaller/intimate than other MLB parks I've been to. 

How could I forget Minute Maid Park.  That's a beautiful stadium too.  The ease of access in and around Houston made for a great trip.   

Edited by Naturalhoosier
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'm partial to Choctaw stadium formerly Globe Life Park formerly the Ballpark in arlington.  Unfortunately, the rangers play across the street in the new airconditioned stadium. 

I haven't been to PNC but the the stadium the giants play in is as good or better than any.  Used to be Pac Bell now maybe it is Oracle.