Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn - 2023

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There is more to it with this mom. She is crazy, and Purdue dodged a bullet. I said it at the time of his decommit. 

Mostly agree with your post, which was a very good post, but some of this stuff recruits/parents/whoever else bring this on themselves. If you don't want people/others constantly in your business or constantly speaking about you.... either 1. don't give them anything to speak about 2. Stop putting yourself in the limelight so much. 

All of what you said can be true, plus those two things. 

There is absolutely 100% no law that makes these kids post CONSTANTLY about themselves on these sites, or expose themselves. It's mind boggling to think how many issues I (we at school) resolve DAILY from shit that stemmed from social media. 

I thought @Hoosier82's post was completely true myself.

I also think yours is as well.

I also think that some parents try to live their lives through their kids.  Or try to attain their dreams through their kids.  In this world we live in where sports can produce generational money leads to parents perhaps thinking irrationally.  

I wonder if this mom is concerned about her son's higher education?  Is she concerned about how her comments might affect her son?  I don't know the answers to those questions but I wonder.

Purdue dodged a bullet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I thought @Hoosier82's post was completely true myself.

I also think yours is as well.

I also think that some parents try to live their lives through their kids.  Or try to attain their dreams through their kids.  In this world we live in where sports can produce generational money leads to parents perhaps thinking irrationally.  

I wonder if this mom is concerned about her son's higher education?  Is she concerned about how her comments might affect her son?  I don't know the answers to those questions but I wonder.

Purdue dodged a bullet.

Right.  Ultimately, I highly doubt that post made anything better for DGL. And be damn sure if I were an opponent I would be making a "mommys facebook post" comment if I played him.  

Alls fair in war.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Heard from many HS coaches how impossible parents can be…..college has to be 100 times worse 

If I were him I would beg her to stop 

nothing good can come from your mom posting on FB 

jeff George got crushed for his mom checking on her concussed son on the sideline 

Ask Little League coaches about parents.  

9 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Heard from many HS coaches how impossible parents can be…..college has to be 100 times worse 

If I were him I would beg her to stop 

nothing good can come from your mom posting on FB 

jeff George got crushed for his mom checking on her concussed son on the sideline 

To be fair, Jeff George was an a$$ regardless of what his parents did.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Mods.  Is there a function to be able to disable entire threads?  Like blocking a user and never seeing them again?  I wish this kid well but I would love to put this thread to bed, along with many others over the years.  

Put him on ignore or stay out of the thread. 

I understan your point. But visitors are welcome, and our visitors are typically very respectful. 

I have said it before, the conversations only continue because members engage in it. So some people enjoy the back and forth

As long as it stays within the rules, I have no problem here.  :)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Put him on ignore or stay out of the thread. 

I understan your point. But visitors are welcome, and our visitors are typically very respectful. 

I have said it before, the conversations only continue because members engage in it. So some people enjoy the back and forth

As long as it stays within the rules, I have no problem here.  :)

I don't block individual posters I'm talking about this actual thread. how can I block this thread and never see it again?

• Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 1:41 AM, Hoosier82 said:

Getting personal/demeaning regarding where teenage boys decide to go to school is always a bad look and Purdue and IU fans on these sites alike are at times guilty of this. It’s creepy and inappropriate at best, boarder-line criminal at worst. I won’t criticize this lady for her comment because having to read the awful things about her son online is something I thankfully haven’t had to endure. Rather than call her crazy for her response perhaps some reflection on what would drive her to such public comments is in order. All fan bases are guilty of it and it’s sad. This is a game played by kids, more people need to act accordingly 

Agree to a degree, but in the instance of this kid, it is a game played by teenagers with their hand out for money.

5 hours ago, Madison22 said:

If we had locked this thread, we would have missed the off-topic penguin posts.  Those were great!

giphy.webp

I'm not suggesting to lock it.  If there is a programming way to add a button, that all I have to do is select "hide thread" and I never have to click through certain threads.  I don't  know about all of yall but i literally read every thread.  Would love to never see this one again for instance,  peguins and all.  

• Like 5

14 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I'm not suggesting to lock it.  If there is a programming way to add a button, that all I have to do is select "hide thread" and I never have to click through certain threads.  I don't  know about all of yall but i literally read every thread.  Would love to never see this one again for instance,  peguins and all.  

Yes, if there is an unread thread I open it.