High School Hoops '20-'21

Barring key injuries or inopportune Covid outbreaks, the 1A, 2A, and 3A tournaments may have as heavy favorites for teh state title as we have ever seen with Barr-Reeve, Blackhawk, and Silver Creek,  Absolutely no one in 1A can touch Barr-Reeve,  2A has some very good teams, but Blackhawk would be a 4A power if they were in that class,  Silver Creek has lost twice, but that was without Kaufman.  When healthy, they are one of the 3-4 best teams in the state regardless of class.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Barring key injuries or inopportune Covid outbreaks, the 1A, 2A, and 3A tournaments may have as heavy favorites for teh state title as we have ever seen with Barr-Reeve, Blackhawk, and Silver Creek,  Absolutely no one in 1A can touch Barr-Reeve,  2A has some very good teams, but Blackhawk would be a 4A power if they were in that class,  Silver Creek has lost twice, but that was without Kaufman.  When healthy, they are one of the 3-4 best teams in the state regardless of class.

This would be the year to bring back that tournament of champions(or whatever it was).

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 7:37 PM, 5fouls said:

Yeah Barr-Reeve is unbelievable as usual!! I wish they would stay in 2A!! 

8 hours ago, rico said:

Just finished watching a replay of SB Riley vs. Elkhart.  Only saw bits and pieces of it.  Riley came back to win 67-62.  Wesley had 33.  Riley had another kid that looked pretty good that finished with 20+.  I think his name was Robelis(sp?)?

I think he’s averaging 33 a game. He hasn’t scored below 30 this season. 

59 minutes ago, rico said:

Congrats Al Gooden.

https://www.wane.com/high-school-sports/wayne-grad-gooden-makes-history-with-500th-win/

I remember watching him play in HS and at Ball St.

He subbed at our school numerous times, and started coaching when I was in high school in Fort Wayne. Great coach and person.  Congrats Coach Gooden!

This high school season is killing me.  Silver Creek has historic teams for both boys and girls, and because of the virus, crowds are family only.  Friday night's are supposed to be spent in a packed gym with the crowd screaming and the band playing.  Instead, it's spent watching a stream (if there is one) that half the time doesn't even have live announcers.  

Covid sucks.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

This high school season is killing me.  Silver Creek has historic teams for both boys and girls, and because of the virus, crowds are family only.  Friday night's are supposed to be spent in a packed gym with the crowd screaming and the band playing.  Instead, it's spent watching a stream (if there is one) that half the time doesn't even have live announcers.  

Covid sucks.

Yep and attendance has been going down for years for most schools...this kinda thing where people get used to not going could be a death knell. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Covid sucks.

Silver Creek and Evansville Memorial is going to be one of the best Regionals in the state, for the Girl’s Tournament 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Silver Creek and Evansville Memorial is going to be one of the best Regionals in the state, for the Girl’s Tournament 

Unfortunately, Silver Creek is not even guaranteed to get out of Sectional.  Salem, the #3 ranked team is in Silver Creek's sectional,  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Sad 1

Silver Creek's first real test when everyone is healthy tonight against Bloomington North.  North is ranked 9th in the Sagarin.  I say 'when healthy', because SC had to play Blackhawk and North Harrison without Kaufman.  Likely win both of those games if he was.  Other than those 2 and a game against Jeffersonville, SC's early schedule has not been that challenging.  

Former IU player Sherron Wilkerson is head coach at Madison.  His Cubs beat New Albany for the first time since 1999 last night.  Madison and New Albany are both in the Hoosier Hills conference, so they play every year.  However, Madison, a 3A school in a conference full of 4A schools is dropping out of the conference at the end of this season.