Before There Was Iron Mike Tyson...

FKIM01

Before he was Muhammed  Ali. He was Cassius Clay.  And nearly all of his fights were broadcast on tv... for free !  Followed him for years. When I was a kid. If he was not on tv, as Casius Clay, I recall listening to his fights on my transiter radio.  And I made mention in another thread, that I viewed his small house years later in Berrian Springs, Michigan.  Where he was very generous to the local teachers. Know this as our friend there, who was a teacher there, could not say enough good things about what he did to support her school. Supplied her school room with books that the school district could not afford to do.

Muhammad Ali and his family were great neighbors when they lived in tiny Berrien Springs

Rope a dope !

29 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Before he was Muhammed  Ali. He was Cassius Clay.  And nearly all of his fights were broadcast on tv... for free !  Followed him for years. When I was a kid. If he was not on tv, as Casius Clay, I recall listening to his fights on my transiter radio.  And I made mention in another thread, that I viewed his small house years later in Berrian Springs, Michigan.  Where he was very generous to the local teachers. Know this as our friend there, who was a teacher there, could not say enough good things about what he did to support her school. Supplied her school room with books that the school district could not afford to do.

Muhammad Ali and his family were great neighbors when they lived in tiny Berrien Springs

Rope a dope !

Yeah, that clip I posted was probably the best rope-a-dope I ever saw.  Man, was he smooth.

...and incredibly quotable.  Ali was a very smart man.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2016/06/03/muhammad-ali-best-quotes-boxing/85370850/

Archived