Advice

I had an old (woman)Psych professor once tell the whole hundred or so of us on the first day of classes..

Date rape is a crime and is an awful thing so let’s put an end to it right now. You guys are all going to be partying and drinking this weekend. Girls if you get drunk and take a guy back to your room or go to his…offer him a handjob…you both know and are agreeing to sex by going home with them and you shouldn’t leave them with blue balls and frustrated because it could lead to something worse happening. Guys…if you go back with a girl drunk first night you met them and she is offering sex…you should probably just let her give you a handjob…because there is a very good chance you aren’t the first she has done this with and you might come home with a case of “regret” if you catch my drift. 

I was stunned by this outspoken comment from a buttoned up old woman…but I think just about everyone in that auditorium laughed and agreed with her. Advice that stuck with me lol. 

• Like 1

Need some advice. Nephew just got a full ride everything included to Purdue for Engineering because eventually he wants to be a Patent Attorney. He asked me if I'll come up for Purdue functions....I haven't replied yet. He was offered the Wells scholarship at IU but he dragged his feet and the offer was pulled. No clue how to tell someone I love I hate your decision but want to be supportive.

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Need some advice. Nephew just got a full ride everything included to Purdue for Engineering because eventually he wants to be a Patent Attorney. He asked me if I'll come up for Purdue functions....I haven't replied yet. He was offered the Wells scholarship at IU but he dragged his feet and the offer was pulled. No clue how to tell someone I love I hate your decision but want to be supportive.

My daughter went her first year to purdue. You just hold your nose and get out as quickly as possible. It'll all work out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know the scholarships probably don’t transfer but there are some other good options in the state for engineering. I went to TRINE. The other thing, I looked into becoming a patent agent a couple of decades ago. When I looked at the several thousand pages of government legalize I had to learn. I changed my mind.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Tell him you will attend but just don't expect any PU shirts, hats, or bumper stickers. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I have a cousin that is a patent attorney in Indy. She got her undergrad in computer science from DePauw.  Graduated from DePaul law school. Although there are alternatives to PU, IU may not offer a program that meets the prerequisites.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Purdue fans/grads out number IU fans/grads in my family.  It is OK to love a Boiler when said Boiler is your nephew.  

Edited by rico
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have a cousin that is a patent attorney in Indy. She got her undergrad in computer science from DePauw.  Graduated from DePaul law school. Although there are alternatives to PU, IU may not offer a program that meets the prerequisites.  

That's his main rub. Our family has now 4 generations of IU blood and he loves IU but we don't have the programs he needs. He said he'll make it up by going to IU Law School....haha. Poor kid. He was actually nervous to tell everyone Purdue was his choice.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rico said:

Purdue fans/grads out number IU fans/grads in my family.  It is OK to love a Boiler when said Boiler is your nephew.  

Oddly enough his Grandma is the one taking it the hardest. The old nice message on large group text string but privately she's messaging puke emojis.....

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Someone must have ran into a problem recently 😁

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Fortunately no.  Not this time anyway.  

Camping tip: when my family used to go camping when I was a kid, my Dad always wore plain, white tee shirts...

By the time we got back home, they were sleeveless plain white tee shirts

🙂

• Haha 3

Remember being in Brussels airport standing at the urinal I notice a custodian lady walk through. She stopped at one of the Water Closets knocked on the door and handed the guy a roll. Nobody but me acknowledged she was there, always wondered how she was alerted to the emergency?

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Camping tip: when my family used to go camping when I was a kid, my Dad always wore plain, white tee shirts...

🙂

When I went to my boy scout summer camps a favorite prank of mine was putting saran wrap over the latrine toilets before dark.  Your camping tip reminded me of that.  

On 4/8/2023 at 11:30 AM, IUFLA said:

🙂

Multiple times when I was a kid and went squirrel and mushroom hunting, when I came back home mom would have to ask.... Son, your t shirt had sleeves when you left. ... Yea, long story mom. :)

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...