Ocean, Lake, River, or ......

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gotta say. When I started this thread.  Kind of a lark. Just to get our minds off of other things (pandemic).  Never expected it to take off the way it has. Have enjoyed every post.  Even learned  about one great member who got engaged at the lighthouse in Michigan City.  Thanks HSN for making this an entertaining thread. Which has achieved the mission of getting our minds off of other things.  You people have far exceeded my expectations.

Wading White River between Chesterfield and Anderson use to produce some fantastic small mouth fishing. St. Joe River in Elkhart/Bristol use to have great channel cat and small mouth fishing. In my younger days I preferred rivers. Today I prefer the lakes around my house. Great bluegill, perch, crappie and bass fishing. Occasionally you get into some pike and every once in a while a muskie will be on the hook. 

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Wading White River between Chesterfield and Anderson use to produce some fantastic small mouth fishing. St. Joe River in Elkhart/Bristol use to have great channel cat and small mouth fishing. In my younger days I preferred rivers. Today I prefer the lakes around my house. Great bluegill, perch, crappie and bass fishing. Occasionally you get into some pike and every once in a while a muskie will be on the hook. 

Taking from Forrest Gump.  Sounds like dropping a hook into those lakes..... you never know whatcha gonna get.  Quite a variety of fish there.

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Mentioning muskie got me thinking N WI. And that's not too far from the Boundary Waters. That's some scenic and relaxing lakes! If you can't unplug there, I don't know where you can. 

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Mentioning muskie got me thinking N WI. And that's not too far from the Boundary Waters. That's some scenic and relaxing lakes! If you can't unplug there, I don't know where you can. 

One of the best times of my lifetime was spending a week canoeing the boundary waters.  Seriously considering doing it with my wife sometime. 

57 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Had a professor at IU that each spring invited some students to take a flat boat from Bloomington all the way to New Orleans like they did in the "old days". Wish i would have taken him up on the invitation 

Speaking of trips like that. I'm curious if anyone has ever done the Great Loop? Our good friends are treating themselves next summer to this trip after their 4th and final kid is finished with college. 

Archived