UL post game thread

Indykev

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

This team will never be good this season because RoJo is not good.  He has been absolutely pathetic.

I wouldn’t call him pathetic, but your point is dead on. This team will not win games against above average and better teams with RoJo shooting/scoring the way he has been this year. Its not even that he’s playing that bad overall, but this team NEEDS him to be a shooter/scorer and you’d think as a four year starting senior you’d be able to count on him. 

Didn’t feel like Robert played poorly. Just didn’t notice him. Crazy to me he didn’t try to make things happen with driving the ball. Collin made some uncharacteristic plays. I feel like Josh at least plays hard and tries to make things happen. Thought Archie kept Juwan out for too long in the 2nd half. Devonte had some good looks and good shots that were in and out. Disappointing for sure we can’t get reliable shooting because we get the looks. 

Imagine predicting Freddie McSwain would outperform Robert Johnson in half the minutes Rob gets and then actually being right. What an unbelievable let down by the upperclassmen.

I didn't get to watch the game today but from the box score and other opinions I don't I'm too upset. I just have to wait for the day we get a senior guard that cares instead of Rob.

57 minutes ago, Mac said:

I haven't seen many games this year--can Morgan score on the blocks?  Today, particularly at the end, I thought he needed to get out of the way and let Davis post up. Just my observation.

Morgan is the best player on this team and its not even close.

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

Didn’t feel like Robert played poorly. Just didn’t notice him. Crazy to me he didn’t try to make things happen with driving the ball. Collin made some uncharacteristic plays. I feel like Josh at least plays hard and tries to make things happen. Thought Archie kept Juwan out for too long in the 2nd half. Devonte had some good looks and good shots that were in and out. Disappointing for sure we can’t get reliable shooting because we get the looks. 

Don’t think Johnson played poorly? In 35 minutes, he didn’t score and had 2 rebounds. How’s that not poor?

Come on guys !  With the exception of CapnRon.... not one good thing to say about today's game ?  I get it. We lost.   But, seriously, raise your hand if you thought IU would win on the road in the Yum Center.  Not me. 

However I did see some good defense being played.  Particularly in the first half. Even Bilas commented about this.

And from an individual perspective..... nothing positive to say about De'Ron ?  I read a comment in the game thread about his not going to the rim hard enough.  And with that I can agree..... however, this is how he finished the game.... De'Ron went 5/7 from the field and finished with 14 points.  He had 7 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.  But the most important stats to me....  Stats that many of you have been complaining about... and I have to agree were concerns of mine....... 3 personal fouls, against two trees, and maybe most importantly, to me at least..... 4 of 6 free throws.  Not stats that will set the world on fire.  But never the less. Positive stats, all around. 

Am I not the only one seeing improvement since the Indiana State game ?

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Come on guys !  With the exception of CapnRon.... not one good thing to say about today's game ?  I get it. We lost.   But, seriously, raise your hand if you thought IU would win on the road in the Yum Center.  Not me. 

However I did see some good defense being played.  Particularly in the first half. Even Bilas commented about this.

And from an individual perspective..... nothing positive to say about De'Ron ?  I read a comment in the game thread about his not going to the rim hard enough.  And with that I can agree..... however, this is how he finished the game.... De'Ron went 5/7 from the field and finished with 14 points.  He had 7 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.  But the most important stats to me....  Stats that many of you have been complaining about... and I have to agree were concerns of mine....... 3 personal fouls, against two trees, and maybe most importantly, to me at least..... 4 of 6 free throws.  Not stats that will set the world on fire.  But never the less. Positive stats, all around. 

Yes, I see plenty of improvement.  But I also see two games against big time opponents that we could have "stole".  

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

If you knew we were going to lose and were only looking for improvement, I can see why you aren't upset.  we could have won that game with any good play from our guards. This team is just playing well enough to break our hearts. lol

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I wouldn’t call him pathetic, but your point is dead on. This team will not win games against above average and better teams with RoJo shooting/scoring the way he has been this year. Its not even that he’s playing that bad overall, but this team NEEDS him to be a shooter/scorer and you’d think as a four year starting senior you’d be able to count on him. 

Outside of his acceptable defense, I don’t know how you can characterize his performance today as anything other than pathetic.  He is a total liability on offense.

Archived