Do You Think IU B'Ball Is In A Downfall?

It's a good video with a bad title. 

"I think the Hoosiers can compete for the Big Ten title in 2021.  I'm excited to watch them, and you should be, too.  There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I think the glory days will return."

What's not to like about that?  I really enjoyed it.

If he had named it "Indiana's glory days in basketball will return" we'd have a better reaction to it. 

If anything, he was too nice to the various IU administrations and all the horrible decisions they made.

3 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

If anything, he was too nice to the various IU administrations and all the horrible decisions they made.

The reason behind the Sampson hire was horrible.  The guy could and can coach. But considering what was going on with him at the time should have never been hired. And we all know who forced the hire.

Definitely some what if’s had we choosen different hires. Davis probably wasn’t the right hire...he did as good as he could but was over his head...just had a good Knight team to work with. That year Bill Self went to Illinois and Mike Brey to ND and John Calipari to Memphis. Then when Sampson was hired then in 05 instead tony Bennett went to Washington St and Mick Cronin to Cincy...but honestly I think We all knew Davis was out the year before and dare I say Matt Painter went to Purdue lol....but honestly the obvious hire that year was Bruce Pearl. After that it’s hard to say...who would have agreed to rebuild us like Crean did. I’m sure people would have loved to got Brad Stevens but by the time he got hot Crean had things turned around. There are some things that make you wonder in some of those names...I think obviously the earlier the better if we had landed a better coach and recruiter...now we just need consistency.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Definitely some what if’s had we choosen different hires. Davis probably wasn’t the right hire...he did as good as he could but was over his head...just had a good Knight team to work with. That year Bill Self went to Illinois and Mike Brey to ND and John Calipari to Memphis. Then when Sampson was hired then in 05 instead tony Bennett went to Washington St and Mick Cronin to Cincy...but honestly I think We all knew Davis was out the year before and dare I say Matt Painter went to Purdue lol....but honestly the obvious hire that year was Bruce Pearl. After that it’s hard to say...who would have agreed to rebuild us like Crean did. I’m sure people would have loved to got Brad Stevens but by the time he got hot Crean had things turned around. There are some things that make you wonder in some of those names...I think obviously the earlier the better if we had landed a better coach and recruiter...now we just need consistency.

If true when we hired Sampson that our AD wanted John Belein and was over ruled that would have been a good hire.  I would say it probably wouldn't have been the most popular choice at the time because he wasn't a huge name.

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Inept Administration has been our issue for 20+ years.  From president to AD, everyone has been afraid to make basketball the sacred cow like all other basketball school have.  Since Coach Knight, it was decided to never walk that path again.  And until we do, we're going to be mediocre at best.

I think there are some people on the BoT who are going to have to hit the bricks for that to happen too.  One of them being a body part.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why not give him a chance before you start this ridiculous crusade you have against him and all the others you seem to hate.

You don't know what he knows about Dolson.  Maybe he kicked his puppy when he was 5 and has festered this hatred for year and year.  Or maybe he is an adult and formed a well thought out opinion of a person based on their years of service and doesn't think he is going to be good for the organization.  

what do i know.  I live in the cornfields of Iowa.

Archived